Is there anything more decadent than sinking your fork into a creamy and luscious slice of cheesecake? Dairy and Gluten Free Cannoli Cheesecake gives you all of the flavor and texture of the ultimate cheesecake in a delicious way the entire family can enjoy.
Don't let a Dairy Free and Gluten Free diet keep you from enjoying the decadence of cheesecake. From The Best Dairy Free and Gluten Free Cheesecake to this Italian inspired take, it's all about picking the right ingredients.
Making Dairy and Gluten Free Cannoli Cheesecake at home is easy with a few simple ingredients. With the crunchy bite of mini chocolate chips and buttery sprinkle of pistachios, this cheesecake delivers all of the cannoli flavor.
- Gluten Free Graham Crackers - The base for the crust. Graham crackers bring buttery warmth to every bite.
- Pistachio Flour - Pistachios are a traditional addition to cannoli. Adding pistachio flour to the crust adds buttery nuttiness while paying homage to that. Amoretti Pistachio Flour is made with just a single ingredient, raw pistachios. It's ultra-fine and consistent texture requires no sifting.
- Dairy Free Butter - Used to bind the crust together, it adds a layer of richness.
- Dairy Free Cream Cheese - The star of this Dairy Free cheesecake. Different brands will have slightly different flavor profiles. Use your favorite or try a combination.
- Dairy Free Sour Cream - Adds tang and creaminess to this cannoli cheesecake.
- Egg - Binds the cheesecake together and gives it its rise.
- Egg Yolks - Egg yolks add richness to this creamy cheesecake.
- Vanilla Extract - The better the quality of the vanilla, the more pronounced the flavor will be. It might seem like a lot of vanilla extract, but it balances the flavor of the Dairy Free cream cheese and sour cream.
- Mini Chocolate Chips - A traditional addition to cannoli, these cute and sweet pops of chocolate stud every bite while also crowning the top of the cheesecake.
- Dairy Free Whipped Cream - There's nothing like a cloud of fluffy whipped cream to finish off the ultimate dairy free cheesecake!
How to Make Dairy and Gluten Free Cannoli Cheesecake
This creamy and dreamy chocolate laced cheesecake comes together with just a few simple steps. The hardest part is the anticipation of slicing into it while it chills in the refrigerator.
Time needed: 6 hours and 5 minutes.
With just a few simple steps and tips, you will wow your friends and family with this sumptuous creamy cheesecake.
Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 9" springform pan with nonstick baking spray.
- In Crust We Trust
Add your graham crackers to a blender and pulse until they are a fine, sandy crumb. Add the graham cracker crumbs to a bowl along with the melted butter and almond flour. Mix to combine. press the crust mixture into the prepared springform pan. You can use the bottom of a measuring cup to even it out. Allow the crust to refrigerate while you prepare the filling.
- Creamy Dreamy
Add the sugar, vanilla, and eggs to a bowl and mix on high for 5 minutes. It should get light and airy, and the sugar should slightly dissolve. Add the cream cheese and mix on high for three minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and mix for an additional three minutes. The mixture will be very creamy.
Pour the cheesecake mixture into the prepared graham cracker crust. Place the cheesecake on the middle of the rack in the middle of the oven. Allow it to bake for 45 minutes. Do not open the oven door at any point during that time.
- Cool Down
Remove the cheesecake from the oven and allow it to sit on the counter and come to room temperature for an hour. Once cooled let it refrigerate for at least 4 hours. This can be made the day before.
- Finishing Touch
Spread the whipped cream over the top of the cooled cheesecake. Sprinkle additional pistachio flour and chocolate chips over the top.
- Blender - Using a blender or food processor to create your graham cracker crumbs will make it easy and also keep them uniform. In addition if you don't have pistachio flour you can also make pistachio flour in the blender. Simply pulse raw pistachios until they have a fine, sandy consistency.
- 9" Springform Pan - A springform pan is the classic cooking vessel for cheesecake. It makes it easy to release this delicate dessert.
- Mixer - Cheesecake is all about the texture. Using a stand mixer or hand mixer will let you quickly and efficiently blend everything together.
While leftovers might be impossible to believe, this cheesecake will last for 4-5 days. However, it must be stored in an airtight container or wrapped in the refrigerator.
Top Tip for Dairy and Gluten Free Cannoli Cheesecake
Texture matters. To ensure the creamiest possible cheesecake that is lump free, make sure all of your ingredients are at room temperature. This includes not just the cream cheese, but also the eggs and the sour cream.
Dairy and Gluten Free Cannoli Cheesecake
- 1 Blender/food processor
- 1 mixing bowl/mixer
- 1 9" springform pan
- 2 cups Gluten Free graham crackers
- 1 cup pistachio flour
- 7 tbsp Dairy Free butter, melted
- 16 oz Dairy Free cream cheese, room temperature
- 12 oz Dairy Free sour cream
- 1 egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 3 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup Dairy Free mini chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup Dairy Free mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup Dairy Free whipped cream
- ⅛ cup pistachio flour
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 9" springform pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Add the graham crackers to a blender and pulse until they form a fine, sandy crumb.
- Add the graham cracker crumbs to a bowl along with the pistachio flour and melted butter. Mix to combine.
- Pour the crust mixture into the prepared springform pan. Press down until even. You can use the underside of a measuring cup to help press it down.
- Allow the crust to refrigerate while you prepare the filling.
- Add the eggs, sugar, and vanilla to a bowl. Mix on high for 5 minutes. It will be light and airy and the sugar slightly dissolved.
- Add the cream cheese and beat on high for 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix another 3 minutes. The mixture will be incredibly creamy.
- Pour the cheesecake batter into the prepared crust.
- Place the cheesecake on the middle rack in the middle of the oven.
- Let the cheesecake bake for 45 minutes. Do not open the oven during this time.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and allow it to sit on the counter and come to room temperature for an hour.
- Once cooled refrigerate the cheesecake for at least 4 hours.
- To serve, top with whipped cream. Sprinkle the pistachio flour and chocolate chips over the top.
- Slice and enjoy!