My Cranberry Apple Cake Recipe is a sweet symphony of tart cranberries, fresh apples, and warm, aromatic spices. It’s not just a cake; it’s a warm hug from the oven that can brighten any day. The best part? You don’t need to be a seasoned baker to create this masterpiece. It’s easy, it’s delicious, and it’s perfect for a wide range of occasions, from casual family gatherings to special celebrations.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE CRANBERRY APPLE CAKE
- A Burst of Flavors: This cake is a wonderful blend of tart cranberries, sweet apples, and warm spices. It’s like a symphony of deliciousness in your mouth.
- Simple and Quick: With just a few easy steps, you’ll have a fantastic cake ready in no time. The prep and cooking time are minimal, making it ideal for busy folks.
- Perfect for Any Recipe: Need a dessert for a family gathering, potluck, or just a sweet ending to your dinner? This cake is versatile and complements various occasions.
- Holiday Season’s Best: Cranberries and apples are classic holiday flavors. Whether it’s Thanksgiving, Christmas, or any other festive occasion, this cake is a fantastic addition to your holiday table.
- Kid-Approved: Even the pickiest eaters will love this cake. Its mild sweetness and the surprise of cranberries and apples make it a kid-friendly dessert.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED TO MAKE CRANBERRY APPLE CAKE
- Kosher salt
- Gluten-free flour
- Baking powder
- Vanilla extract
- Lemon zest
- Fresh cranberries
- Grated apple
- Ground nutmeg
- Powdered sugar
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE CRANBERRY APPLE CAKE
- 9×13-inch cake pan
- Nonstick baking spray
- Mixing bowl
- Electric mixer
- Cooling rack
HOW TO MAKE CRANBERRY APPLE CAKE
Start by preheating your oven to 350°F (175°C) and prepare your 9×13-inch cake pan by spraying it with nonstick baking spray.
In a mixing bowl, combine the sugar, room-temperature butter, and lemon zest. Use an electric mixer to blend these ingredients until they’re creamy, which should take about 3 minutes.
Add the eggs one at a time, making sure to mix thoroughly before adding the next.
Mix in the milk until the mixture is well incorporated.
Now it’s time to add all the dry ingredients: gluten-free flour, kosher salt, baking powder, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and ground nutmeg. Be careful not to overmix; just blend until everything is combined.
Add the star ingredients: the fresh cranberries and the grated apple. This will give your cake a delightful fruity texture and flavor.
Pour the cake batter into your prepared 9×13-inch cake pan, spreading it evenly.
Bake in the preheated oven for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. The top should have a lovely light brown hue.
After baking, remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool completely on a cooling rack.
Once your cake has cooled down, it’s time to add that sweet and decorative finish. Dust it generously with powdered sugar.
Now, slice up your Cranberry Apple Cake, share with your loved ones, and savor each delicious bite.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can I use regular flour instead of gluten-free flour?
Yes, you can absolutely use regular all-purpose flour if you don’t have dietary restrictions. The recipe will work just as well with it.
What’s the best way to store the cranberry apple cake?
To keep your cake fresh and moist, store it in an airtight container or cover it with plastic wrap. It’s best to refrigerate it, especially if you live in a warm or humid climate.
Can I make this cake in advance for a special occasion?
Yes, this cake is perfect for making ahead. You can bake it a day or two in advance, store it in the refrigerator, and dust it with powdered sugar just before serving.
What type of apples work best for this recipe?
You can use your favorite type of apple, but Granny Smith or Honeycrisp apples are excellent choices. They provide a nice balance of tartness and sweetness.
Can I freeze this cranberry apple cake?
Yes, you can freeze this cake without the powdered sugar topping. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil to prevent freezer burn. Thaw it in the refrigerator and dust with powdered sugar before serving.
Cranberry Apple Cake Recipe
- 9×13-inch cake pan
- nonstick baking spray
- Mixing Bowl
- Electric mixer
- cooling rack
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 3 eggs
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup butter room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 12 oz fresh cranberries
- 1 ½ cups grated apple
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175°C).
- Spray a 9×13-inch cake pan with nonstick baking spray, ensuring an even coating to prevent sticking.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sugar, room-temperature butter, and lemon zest. Use an electric mixer to blend these ingredients for about 3 minutes until well combined and slightly creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing each one thoroughly before adding the next.
- Mix in the milk until the mixture is well incorporated.
- Add all the dry ingredients: gluten-free flour, kosher salt, baking powder, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and ground nutmeg. Mix until just incorporated; be careful not to overmix.
- Fold in the fresh cranberries and the grated apple. This will give your cake a delightful fruity texture and flavor.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared 9×13-inch cake pan, spreading it evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. The top should be lightly browned.
- Once baked, remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool completely on a cooling rack.
- After the cake has cooled, dust it heavily with powdered sugar for a sweet and decorative finish.
- Slice and enjoy.
This Cranberry Apple Cake is a special treat that’s easy to make and absolutely delicious. It’s the perfect dessert for any occasion, whether you’re celebrating with family or simply treating yourself. With its simple recipe and incredible taste, it’s sure to bring smiles to everyone who tries it.