We all need meals we can get on the table in a hurry. However, just because we need a few quick and easy meals in our back pocket doesn’t mean we should have to sacrifice flavor. This Colorful Chicken and Veggie Stir-Fry is the recipe you need that your family will thank you for.
I don’t know about you, but there are some nights when I don’t have time for a big dinner production. This Gluten Free and Dairy Free stir-fry comes together faster than the time it would take to order something. Not only that, you control all of the ingredients and can feel good about serving this healthy meal to your family.
It’s All About the Noodles
There’s something about colorful food that is just so happy and fun. That said some kids, including the grown variety, don’t gravitate towards veggies. Throw those veggies into noodles however and they’ll be digging in.
For this Colorful Chicken and Veggie Stir-Fry I am using Gluten Free brown rice fettucine. Depending on where you live it can be hard to find traditional stir-fry noodles so using easily accessible pasta makes this quick cooking dish even easier.
Speaking of those rainbow of vegetables, you can also have fun mixing it up. I used a combination of yellow squash, zucchini, and snow peas. Feel free to use your favorite combination. Carrots, mushrooms, and bell peppers would be great in this as well.
Colorful Chicken and Veggie Stir-Fry, the Sauce is Boss
What ties this beautiful dish together is the savory light sauce rich with umami. A splash of oyster sauce provides an interesting back note balanced by the sweet and spicy kick of ginger.
Gluten Free soy sauce offers up that salty not that brings out and accents the natural sweetness in the veggies and amplifies the savory chicken. A kiss of sesame oil gives that hint of nuttiness that will have you going back for more.
Not only is this dish a perfect weeknight meal, it also makes for a great lunch or even meal prep. The only thing better than noodles for dinner are noods for lunch the next day!
Love these flavors? Make sure you check out my recipe for Chicken Cashew Lettuce Wraps.
Get out your cutting board, lets chop some veggies and make Colorful Chicken and Veggie Stir-Fry!
Colorful Chicken and Veggie Stir-Fry
- Cutting board
- Large skillet
- large stock pot
- 1 lbs chicken breast, sliced into thin strips boneless skinless
- 8 oz snow peas
- 1 zucchini, cut into half moons medium
- 1 yellow squash, cut into half moons medium
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup Gluten Free soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 box brown rice fettuccini
- Cook the Gluten Free brown rice fettuccini according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Combine the soy sauce, oyster sauce, garlic, ginger, and sesame oil together along with the salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil.
- Add the chicken and sauté until just beginning to brown and cooked through, 3-4 minutes.
- Add your veggies and sauté until they are just beginning to become tender, 3-4 minutes.
- Add your pasta as well as the sauce. Toss to combine and let cook a couple additional minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!