These gluten free Chicken Cashew Lettuce Wraps come together quickly. They’re both delicious and fun to eat. Interactive, packed with bright bold flavors, and beautiful pops of color, you get all the festivity of eating with your hands while also knowing you’ve made a healthy, vibrant dish your family will love.
Living in Florida we have two seasons, summer and almost summer. There are days I don’t feel like heating up the kitchen by turning on the oven or standing at the stove for a long period of time. I want a fun, colorful, festive dish I can make quickly so I can get back to the pool and enjoy my friends and family.
Bold flavors with minimal work
The two ingredient marinade for the chicken builds the first base of flavor. Sriracha Tahini dressing from The New Primal gives the sassy, spicy kick of sriracha sauce while being mellowed and enhanced by the creamy nutty note of tahini.
A little herbaceous punch from dill, and bright accent of lemon and vinegar make this dressing both complex and a perfect pairing for the chicken.
A rainbow of vegetables like bok choy and sweet peppers bring color and texture along with even more flavor while the sauce ties everything together with the umami of miso and sass of chili sauce.
Cashews add cravable crunch and natural sweetness that perfectly punctuates each bite.
I love serving this in butter leaf lettuce but it’s equally delicious over rice. Feel free to serve both, or even rice noodles for a gluten free option that you can also stuff into your lettuce wraps.
Are you hungry? Let’s make some gluten free chicken cashew lettuce wraps!
Gluten Free Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Large skillet
- 1 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken cut into 1" cubes
- ½ cup Sriracha Tahini Dressing
- ¼ cup Gluten Free soy sauce, or tamari
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp chili sauce
- 2 tsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp Gluten Free soy sauce, or tamari
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 cups bok choy, chopped
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 cup whole cashews
- ½ cup sweet peppers, sliced
- 2 heads butter leaf lettuce, leaves separated
- Combine the chicken cubes, dressing and ¼ cup gluten free soy sauce in a bowl and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours. When ready to cook, remove from the marinade.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat with the coconut oil. Add the chicken and brown all sides.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, chili sauce, miso paste, hoisin sauce, remaining soy sauce, sesame oil, water and cornstarch and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Add the bok choy to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low and add the peppers, cashews, and the sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Allow the chicken and vegetables to cook until the sauce is slightly thickened, 3-4 minutes. Serve with lettuce leaves and/or rice. Enjoy!