When it comes to comfort food, simplicity often leads to the most delightful flavors. This Roasted Chicken with Cabbage and Carrots recipe is a perfect example. With just a handful of ingredients, (including chicken from D’Artagnan Foods) and easy steps, it creates a dish that’s not only incredibly tasty but also deeply comforting.
Why You’ll Love Roasted Chicken Cabbage and Carrots
- Quick and Easy Prep: With just 15 minutes of preparation, you’ll have this delicious meal ready to pop in the oven. It’s perfect for busy weeknights when you want something hearty without spending hours in the kitchen.
- Flavorful and Comforting: Despite its simplicity, this dish doesn’t skimp on flavor. The combination of fennel seasoning, salt, and roasting brings out the natural goodness of the chicken, cabbage, and carrots.
- Wholesome Ingredients: Packed with protein from the chicken, and a healthy dose of veggies from the cabbage and carrots, this dish provides a balanced and nutritious meal for you and your family.
- Minimal Cleanup: The entire dish cooks in a single 9×13 casserole dish, making cleanup a breeze. Fewer dishes means more time to savor your meal and less time spent at the sink.
Ingredients Needed To Make Roasted Chicken Cabbage and Carrots
- Chicken thighs
- Fennel seasoning mix
- Kosher salt
- Olive oil
How To Make Roasted Chicken Cabbage and Carrots
- Preheat and Prepare: Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Brush the inside of a 9×13 casserole dish with olive oil.
- Combine and Toss: In the prepared dish, combine the chopped cabbage, carrots, 1 1/2 tsp salt, and 1 1/2 tsp fennel seasoning mix. Give it a good toss to evenly distribute the flavors.
- Layer with Chicken: Place the chicken thighs on top of the vegetable mixture. Season the chicken with the remaining salt and fennel seasoning.
- Cover and Roast: Cover the dish with aluminum foil and roast in the oven for 30-35 minutes. Check that the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees, and that the cabbage and carrots are fork-tender.
- Uncover and Enjoy: Remove from the oven, uncover, and take in the inviting aroma. Serve up this flavorful roasted chicken with cabbage and carrots, and savor every bite!
Commonly Asked Questions
What kind of chicken is best for this recipe?
Chicken thighs work wonderfully for this recipe. They are flavorful, moist, and stand up well to roasting.
Can I use different seasonings if I don’t have fennel seasoning?
Absolutely! Feel free to experiment with your favorite seasonings. Italian seasoning, thyme, or rosemary could be great alternatives.
How do I know when the chicken is fully cooked?
The chicken is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. You can use a meat thermometer to check.
Can I add other vegetables to this dish?
Certainly! Feel free to get creative. Bell peppers, potatoes, or even Brussels sprouts could be delicious additions.
What side dishes would go well with this Roasted Chicken with Cabbage and Carrots?
This dish pairs well with mashed potatoes, a simple salad, or even some crusty bread to soak up the flavorful juices.
How long can I store leftovers, and what’s the best way to reheat them?
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. To reheat, use an oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until warmed through.
Roasted Chicken with Cabbage and Carrots
- Measuring cups/spoons
- 9×13 casserole dish
- 2 lbs chicken thighs
- 2 cups carrots chopped
- 1 head of cabbage large chop
- 2 1/2 tsp fennel seasoning mix
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Brush olive oil inside a 9×13 casserole dish.
- In the prepared dish, combine cabbage, carrots, 1 1/2 tsp salt, and 1 1/2 tsp fennel seasoning mix. Toss the ingredients together.
- Place chicken on top of the vegetable mixture. Season the chicken with the remaining salt and fennel.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and roast for 30-35 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees, and the cabbage and carrots are fork-tender.
- Remove from the oven, uncover, and enjoy this flavorful roasted chicken with cabbage and carrots!
With its simplicity and incredible taste, this dish is sure to become a favorite in your kitchen. Enjoy the comfort of a home-cooked meal without the hassle. Happy cooking!