Here comes autumn, and with it, the seasonal favorite: pumpkin-flavored treats! Among the many options for pumpkin delights, allow us to introduce a scrumptious standout: Pumpkin Monkey Bread. The Pumpkin Monkey Bread is a straightforward dessert that you should add to your must-try list this season. It’s simple, tasty, and perfect for any occasion—whether it’s a Sunday brunch, a family dinner, or just because. Plus, who can resist the combination of soft bread, pumpkin, and a touch of sweetness?
Why You’ll Love Pumpkin Monkey Bread
- Seasonal Delight: There’s something about pumpkin that just screams ‘fall’. This recipe captures the essence of the season in every bite.
- Balanced Flavors: The blend of pumpkin with the sweetness of the Date syrup and sugar, complemented by the crunchy pecans, ensures a rich and layered taste.
- Adaptable: Serve it as breakfast, a snack, or dessert. Its versatility knows no bounds!
- Allergy-friendly: With dairy-free options and the availability of gluten-free flour, it’s a treat many can enjoy.
- A Fun Baking Project: Making Monkey Bread is an engaging activity, especially if you have young ones eager to help in the kitchen.
What You Need To Make Pumpkin Monkey Bread
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring spoons/cups
- Stock pot
- Kitchen Aid Mixer
- Baking Dish
Ingredients You Need To Make Pumpkin Monkey Bread
- Butter (dairy-free used here)
- Oat milk
- Dvash Date Syrup
- Dvash Date Sugar
- Warm water
- Kosher salt
- Instant active yeast
- Pumpkin puree
- Chopped pecans
- Dairy-free sweetened condensed milk
How To Make Pumpkin Monkey Bread
- Begin by oiling a bowl (vegetable oil is recommended) and setting it aside.
- Mix the pumpkin and egg in a bowl until you get a smooth consistency.
- In another bowl, combine half the sugar, yeast, honey, and warm water. Stir briefly and let it sit until it bubbles.
- Melt butter in a stock pot, add the remaining sugar, salt, and oat milk. Scald the milk mixture without boiling, then set it aside to cool.
- Combine the yeast mixture with the pumpkin mixture, and gradually add the milk. Begin the mixer and slowly incorporate flour half a cup at a time.
- Once you’ve mixed the dough (it will be sticky), dust it with flour and place it in the oiled bowl. Cover it and let it rise until it doubles in size (around an hour).
Instructions for the Pan:
- Butter a baking dish (9″-10″ round) and place it on a cookie sheet.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk into the dish, sprinkling pecans on top.
- Scoop the dough on top of this mixture.
- Let it rise for an additional 30 minutes, then bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes. A toothpick should come out clean.
- Allow the bread to rest for 5 minutes, flip it, and serve.
Commonly Asked Questions
Can I replace oat milk with another non-dairy milk?
Absolutely! Almond or soy milk can work just as well.
What if I don’t have a Kitchen Aid Mixer?
No worries! A regular hand mixer or even manual mixing can do the trick, although it might require a bit more effort.
Can this be made ahead and reheated?
Yes, you can make it ahead. Just ensure you store it properly and reheat gently to retain its moist texture.
How long can it be stored?
If kept in an airtight container, it should remain fresh for up to 3 days.
- mixing bowls
- measuring spoons/cups
- Stock Pot
- Kitchen Aid Mixer
- Baking Dish
- 6 tbsp butter I used a dairy free
- 1/2 cup oat milk
- 1 tbsp Dvash Date Syrup
- 1/3 cup Dvash Date Sugar
- 1/2 cup water warm
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 pkg instant active yeast
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 1/2 cups of flour you may need an additional 1/2 cup
Ingredients for bottom of the pan
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1-11.25 oz can of dairy free sweetened condensed milk
Step-by-Step Instructions for the Dough:
- Lightly oil a bowl and set aside (I used vegetable oil).
- In a mixing bowl (using a padding) add pumpkin and egg and mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl add 1/2 the sugar, yeast, honey and warm water.
- Stir for a second and let sit for 5 minutes until it starts to bubble.
- Then add the butter to a stock pot and melt, add the rest of the sugar, salt and the oat milk.
- Scald the milk mixture, the side will start to bubble (do not boil), remove from heat, set aside to cool partially.
- Add the yeast mixture to the banana mixture, then while the mixture is running slowly add the milk.
- Slowly start the mixer and add 1/2 a cup of flour at a time.
- Once the flour is all incorporated (it will be sticky) dust flour on the outside of the dough and place in your oiled bowl.
- Cover with a towel, place in a warm spot and let rise (it will double in size, approx 1 hr).
Step-by-Step Instructions for the Pan:
- With 1 tbsp of butter, butter a 9″-10″ round baking dish and place on a cookie sheet.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk in the baking dish and sprinkle the pecans on top.
- Use a 1″ 1/2-2″ scoop, scoop on top of the caramel.
- Once done, cover with a towel and let rise for 30 mins.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean with no dough (golden brown on top.
- Remove, let rest 5mins, flip and Enjoy!
The Pumpkin Monkey Bread is the epitome of comfort food. It effortlessly brings together the flavors of autumn in a dish that’s both familiar and innovative. The addition of Dvash Date Syrup and Sugar elevates the traditional monkey bread, adding a depth and sweetness that’s not overpowering. The dough, with its soft and fluffy texture, complements the crunchy pecans and rich caramel-like layer at the bottom. It’s a dessert that feels both rustic and gourmet. Whether you’re a baking novice or a seasoned chef, this recipe is a testament to the fact that sometimes the simplest ingredients, when combined with a bit of love and patience, can create truly unforgettable dishes. So, as the leaves turn golden and the air gets crisper, warm up your kitchen (and your heart) with this delightful Pumpkin Monkey Bread.