Desserts have a special place in our hearts, and the Oat Free Apple Crisp is no exception. This dish captures the essence of comfort food with the added benefit of being oat-free, making it perfect for those who have dietary restrictions. But even if you can eat oats, this version of apple crisp is a must-try. It’s a delightful mix of sweet, spiced apples with a crunchy walnut topping, ensuring a play of textures and flavors in every bite. This dish isn’t just a dessert; it’s a cozy hug in a bowl.
Why You’ll Love Oat Free Apple Crisp
- Allergy-Friendly: Being oat-free, it’s a great option for those with allergies or dietary restrictions.
- Comforting and Warm: The cinnamon and brown sugar combine to give a heartwarming and comforting feel that’s perfect for those colder nights.
- Versatile Serving: Whether you prefer it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, a dollop of whipped cream, or just plain, it’s bound to satisfy your sweet cravings.
- Simple Ingredients: Made with everyday ingredients, this dish is easy to prepare without a last-minute grocery run.
- Perfect for Occasions: The simple yet rich taste makes it suitable for both everyday dessert and special occasions.
What You Need To Make Oat Free Apple Crisp
- Measuring cups/spoons
- Mixing Bowls
- Baking Dish
Ingredients You Need To Make Oat Free Apple Crisp
- Brown sugar
How To Make Oat Free Apple Crisp
- Start by preheating your oven to 375 degrees.
- Choose a suitable 12″ round baking dish that’s at least 2″ deep.
- After peeling, slice the apples thinly.
- Combine the apples, brown sugar, cinnamon, allspice, and cornstarch in a mixing bowl and transfer the mixture into your baking dish.
How To Make The Topping
- For the topping, you’ll need walnuts, GF flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and cold butter.
- In another bowl, mix all the topping ingredients together.
- Evenly sprinkle this mixture on top of the apples.
- Pop it in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes, ensuring the top turns a lovely golden brown color. Once baked, let it cool slightly and it’s ready to be devoured!
Commonly Asked Questions
What type of apples are best for this recipe?
A mix of tart and sweet apples like Granny Smith and Honeycrisp works well. However, you can use any apple of your preference.
Can I add other fruits to the mix?
Yes, feel free to throw in berries or even pears for a varied fruit flavor.
How do I store the leftovers?
Keep it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. Reheat in the oven or microwave before serving.
Can I make this ahead of time?
Absolutely. Prepare everything, store in the fridge, and bake when you’re ready to eat.
Oat Free Apple Crisp
- Measuring cups/spoons
- mixing bowls
- Baking Dish
- 6 cups of apples peeled and sliced thin
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups of walnuts
- 1 1/2 1.1 GF flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cold butter
How To Make It Step-by-Step Instructions:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- This will fit a 12″ round baking dish at least 2″ deep.
- Peel and slice the apples.
- Mix everything together in a bowl and pour into the baking dish.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and sprinkle on top of the apples.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown on top. Enjoy!
Oat Free Apple Crisp is a dessert that truly resonates with the soul. The smells, the warm filling, and the crunchy topping make for a heavenly combo.
This dish is not just about the taste, it’s about the memories it brings – autumn leaves, family gatherings, and the joy of sharing. Every spoonful feels like a celebration, making it not just a recipe but an emotion. Whether you’re entertaining guests or simply treating yourself, this dessert promises to be a hit.