Is there anything more classic than the combination of peanut butter and jelly? No-Bake Peanut Butter and Jelly Cheesecake gives you everything you crave about a PB&J in the ultimate creamy, dreamy bite. The best part is this comes together easily in minutes.
There is nothing like having a good no-bake recipe to turn to again and again. They’re the perfect make ahead, and always a favorite at parties. Whether you’re enjoying my spiced Cinnamon Toast Crunch Pie or this strawberry topped confection, both are completely irresistible, and a breeze to prepare.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Easy Process – All you need is two bowls for mixing and a mixer. This is the perfect dessert recipe for any level of cook and is also a great dessert to get your kids into the kitchen. The most difficult part of this is allowing it to refrigerate for an hour, but there’s always the spoon for licking!
- Familiar Flavors – When peanut butter and strawberry jam join the party, you know you’re in for a treat! This really is a taste of peanut butter and jelly in a no-bake cheesecake form.
- Accessible Ingredients- You can easily find all of the ingredients for this recipe at your local grocery store. There is nothing fancy required.
- Make Ahead – Not only does this no-bake cheesecake need to be refrigerated for an hour but it actually gets better as it sits. Feel free to make it in the morning or even the night before.
Creamy peanut butter, tangy cream cheese, and the summery sweet bite of fresh strawberries make this No-Bake Peanut Butter and Jelly Cheesecake an instant classic. This is the sweet confection your friends and family will love and the best part is, you probably already have most of the ingredients.
- Graham Crackers – This is the base of the cheesecake and the main component of the crust. A little buttery and the perfect accent to all of the flavors.
- Butter – Helps bind the crust together and gives it richness.
- Cream Cheese – Tangy, silky, and smooth, this is used in both the peanut butter layer and also the jelly layer.
- Strawberry Jam – Use your favorite variety. Combined with cream cheese and powder sugar, it creates the jelly portion of this peanut butter and jelly cheesecake.
- Powdered Sugar – Easily dissolves into the cream cheese and adds sweetness without being cloyingly sweet.
- Peanut Butter – Use your favorite variety. Creamy peanut butter works best for this recipe.
- Whipped Topping – The crowning glory of this layered dessert.
- Fresh Strawberries – Echoes the flavor of the jam while adding freshness and a little tartness.
- Peanuts – Gives a pop of crunch while adding even more peanut flavor.
How to Make No-Bake Peanut Butter and Jelly Cheesecake
Whether you’re looking for the perfect dessert to take to a summer cookout or to serve up after Sunday dinner, this is it. It’s sweet, a little savory from the peanuts, creamy, but with all of the texture you crave. The best part is that it only takes a few minutes to assemble.
Time needed: 1 hour and 20 minutes
A graham cracker crust is combined with layers of strawberry jam cheesecake and peanut butter cheesecake for the ultimate sweet treat.
- In Crust We Trust
This dessert fits a 9×13 casserole dish. Sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs evenly over the bottom. Pour the melted butter over the top and mix to combine. Press down firmly to form the crust.
- Peanut Butter
Add the peanut butter, cream cheese, and powdered sugar to a bowl and mix until smooth and creamy. Spread over the top of the graham cracker crust.
Add the strawberry jam, cream cheese, and powdered sugar to a second bowl and mix until smooth, silky, and combined. Spread over the top of the peanut butter layer.
Allow the peanut butter and jelly cheesecake to refrigerate for an hour so it can set up.
- Top It Off
Spread the whipped topping over the strawberry layer. Garnish with fresh strawberries and chopped peanuts.
Variations on No-Bake Peanut Butter and Jelly Cheesecake
Have fun customizing this with your favorite flavors. Feel free to swap out the strawberry jam and fresh strawberries in this recipe with other types of jam. Here are just a few ideas.
- Blueberry Preserves/Fresh Blueberries
- Peach Jam/Fresh Peaches
- Blackberry Jam/Fresh Blackberries
- Cherry Preserves/Fresh Cherries
- Raspberry Jam/Fresh Raspberries
How to Make This Recipe Gluten Free
To make this recipe gluten free, simply use your favorite variety of gluten free graham crackers. Regular graham crackers might get a little softer faster than the gluten free variety but both work with this recipe.
How to Make This Recipe Dairy Free
This recipe can be made full dairy, or completely dairy free. To make this dairy free, use plant based butter and dairy free cream cheese.
How to Make This Recipe Nut Free
With so many allergens and food sensitivities, I am always looking for ways to make my recipes accessible to everyone. If you or one of your friends or family have a tree nut allergy, the peanut butter in this recipe can be replaced with sunflower seed butter.
In addition to providing its own unique flavor that is a great swap for peanut butter, sunflower seed butter also offers up additional nutrients. It’s rich in protein, vitamin E, fiber, zinc, and iron.
Because of the cream cheese in this dessert you will want to keep it tightly covered with plastic wrap and refrigerated when it’s not being served. It will last for up to five days in the refrigerator, but the crust will become softer.
Top Tip for No-Bake Peanut Butter and Jelly Cheesecake
This no-bake cheesecake recipe is as much about the texture as it is the flavor. There is a lot of cream cheese in this recipe, 24 ounces. Make sure that you let your cream cheese sit out and come to room temperature, whether using dairy, or dairy free cream cheese. This will allow it to mix together quickly and be smooth, silky, and lump free.
No-Bake Peanut Butter and Jelly Cheesecake
- 2 mixing bowls
- 1 Mixer
- 1 9×13 casserole dish
- 3 cups graham crackers, finely crushed
- 10 tbsp butter, melted
- 24 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup strawberry jam
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 8 oz whipped topping
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- Add the crushed graham crackers and melted butter to a 9×13 casserole dish and mix. Press down firmly to form the crust.
- Add 16 oz cream cheese, 2 cups of powdered sugar, and peanut butter to a mixing bowl and mix until smooth. Spread on top of the graham cracker crust.
- In a separate bowl add 8 ounces cream cheese, 1 cup powdered sugar, and strawberry jam and mix to combine. Smooth this over the peanut butter layer.
- Let the cheesecake refrigerate for an hour to set up.
- Spread the whipped topping over the top.
- Garnish with strawberries and peanuts.