Celebrate the flavors of the summer without heating up the kitchen. Sink your fork into this creamy, luscious, and decadent No-Bake Berry Lush Pie bursting with the bright burst of a trio of seasonal berries.
Summer is all about the cookouts and barbecues. If you’re looking for the perfect dessert to serve along with your Oven Baked Barbecue Ribs, this is it. A buttery, slightly crispy graham cracker crust layered with tangy cream cheese, tropical coconut pudding, and a cloud of whipped cream makes the perfect bed for a crown of juicy, ripe berries. This is a dessert that is light in texture and heavenly in flavor.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Make Ahead – Not only do you need a couple of hours to allow this to refrigerate and set up, but it actually gets better, allowing the flavors to marry and all of the layers to firm up and come together. Feel free to make this a day in advance.
- Familiar Flavors – This gives you everything you love about the nostalgic lush dessert. A graham cracker crust, no-bake cheesecake layer, and of course creamy. silky pudding.
- Accessible Ingredients – This no bake pie combines pantry staples like instant pudding and graham crackers with baking staples like cream cheese and milk. It’s just as easy to shop for as it is to make.
- Customizable – You can easily swap out the coconut pudding in this recipe for your favorite flavor such as vanilla. It’s also easy to swap out the berries for what you have or what you like. Feel free to use your favorite combination.
- Easy Process – Aside from its incredible flavor and creamy texture, the best thing about this lush dessert recipe is just how easy it is to make. Get your kids in the kitchen and let them help you mix together the different layers. Absolutely no baking is required!
July Fourth is just around the corner and what better way to celebrate than with a red, white, and blue dessert? This No-Bake Berry Lush Pie combines summer fresh berries with ingredients you probably already have.
- Schär Honeygrams – These gluten free graham style cookies are lactose free, non-GMO, and free of preservatives. They give you all of the flavor and texture you love about a graham cracker in a form the entire family can enjoy. Whether you have Celiac disease or are gluten sensitive, these honey grahams won’t make you sacrifice any flavor or texture.
- Butter – Helps bind the graham cracker crust together.
- Instant Coconut Pudding – Creamy, lightly sweet, and completely tropical, this adds a fun accent of flavor to the fresh berries.
- Cream Cheese – This is the base for the tangy no-bake cheesecake layer. It balances the sweet ingredients and adds a silky, thick, creamy layer.
- Powdered Sugar – Easily mixes into the cream cheese and adds delicate sweetness.
- Vanilla Extract – The higher the quality the vanilla, the more pronounced the flavor. This lightly perfumes the cheesecake layer.
- Whipped Topping – All lush desserts need that fluffy cloud of whipped cream. This adds sweetness and make the perfect bed for the berries.
- Fresh Berries –Strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries bring their beautiful jeweled colors and pop of tangy, tart, yet sweet flavors.
How to Make No-Bake Berry Lush Pie
All good things start with crust including this layered no-bake cheesecake lush pie. The hardest part of making this whole pie is waiting for it to set up in the refrigerator. Don’t worry though, you can totally lick the spoons from the bowls. We won’t judge.
Time needed: 2 hours and 20 minutes
A buttery graham cracker crust, cheesecake layer, coconut pudding, and whipped cream make the perfect base for a bounty of beautiful seasonal berries.
- In Crust We Trust
Crush your graham crackers until they’re a fine, sandy crumb. Spread them into a 9×13 baking dish. Top with the butter and mix to combine. Press down to form the crust.
Add the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract to a bowl and mix until smooth. Spread over the graham cracker crust.
Next add the coconut pudding and milk to a bowl and mix until set and smooth. Spread over the cheesecake layer.
- Whipped Cream
Spread your whipped topping over the top of the pudding layer. Arrange the berries on top.
Allow the lush pie to refrigerate for at least two hours, up to overnight.
How to Make This Dessert Gluten Free and Dairy Free
When you use Schär Honeygrams, you don’t have to worry about gluten as these are certified gluten free. This dessert can easily be made completely dairy free. Use your favorite plant based cream cheese for the cheesecake layer, and oat milk for the pudding layer. Coconut or soy whipped topping can be used for the whipped cream layer.
Unless this dessert is being served you will want to keep it tightly wrapped and refrigerated. The crust will slightly soften over time. Because they berries will begin to leach off a little liquid, you’ll want to eat this pie within four days.
- If using dairy free milk for your pudding, use a hand mixer and mix the pudding on a high setting. This will help it come together faster and help the pudding to set.
- This layered pie is as much about the texture as it is all of the flavors. Make sure that you allow the cream cheese to come to room temperature so it mixes together smoothly and is lump free.
No-Bake Berry Lush Pie
- 2 mixing bowls
- 1 Mixer
- 1 9×13 baking dish
- 10.6 oz Schär Honeygrams
- 8 tbsp butter, melted
- 5.1 oz instant coconut pudding
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 16 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz whipped topping
- 1 lbs fresh strawberries, sliced
- 6 oz fresh raspberries
- 6 oz fresh blueberries
- Finely crush the graham crackers. Spread them in a 9×13 baking dish.
- Pour the melted butter over the top of the graham crackers and mix. Lightly press down to form the crust. You can use the bottom of a measuring cup for this.
- Add the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla to a bowl and mix until smooth and creamy. Spread over the top of the crust.
- Add the pudding and milk to a bowl and mix until smooth and set. If using dairy free milk use a hand mixer on high to help it set. Spread over the cream cheese later.
- Spread the whipped topping over the pudding.
- Arrange the berries on top.
- Allow the pie to refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Slice and enjoy!