How often do you find a recipe that’s easy, delicious, and nutritious, all rolled into one? Meet the Loaded Sweet Potato With Peanut Butter—a dish that ticks all these boxes and then some. It takes a mere 5 minutes to prepare and just 10 minutes to cook, making it a prime choice for anyone looking for a quick yet filling meal. This unique twist on a classic loaded potato combines the natural sweetness of a baked sweet potato with the rich, creamy goodness of peanut butter, a drizzle of honey, and a sprinkle of various spices and seeds.
And guess what? It’s not just perfect for dinner; you could make it for lunch or even as an indulgent yet healthy snack. Ideal for people on the go, it’s incredibly satisfying and surprisingly wholesome. Best of all, it’s a gluten-free option that’s actually delicious. Let’s delve into why this loaded sweet potato is a must-try and how you can whip it up in your own kitchen.
Why You’ll Love Loaded Sweet Potato With Peanut Butter
- Quick and Easy: In a world where time is often in short supply, this dish is a lifesaver. With a prep time of just 5 minutes and a cooking time of 10 minutes, you’ll be dining in no time.
- Nutrient-Packed: Sweet potatoes are rich in fiber and vitamins, and when you add peanuts and pepita seeds to the mix, you’re getting a good dose of protein as well.
- Versatile: Whether you’re in need of a quick lunch, a dinner that doesn’t disappoint, or a snack that satisfies, this loaded sweet potato has got you covered.
- Customizable: The basic recipe is great as is, but you can also try it with other nuts and nut butters to suit your palate.
- Deliciously Gluten-Free: Being on a gluten-free diet doesn’t mean compromising on taste, and this dish is solid proof of that.
What You Need To Make Loaded Sweet Potato With Peanut Butter
- Measuring spoons
Ingredients You Need To Make Loaded Sweet Potato With Peanut Butter
- Sweet potato
- Creamy peanut butter
- Ancho chili powder
- Kosher salt
- Pepita seeds
How To Make Loaded Sweet Potato With Peanut Butter
- Begin by poking holes in the sweet potato. Microwave it until it becomes tender, which usually takes around 5 to 10 minutes.
- Next, slice the tender sweet potato down the center. Remove its inside and place it in a bowl.
- Add the ancho chili powder and kosher salt to the bowl and mash the ingredients together.
- Fill the empty potato skin with this seasoned, mashed filling.
- Microwave your creamy peanut butter for a few seconds to melt it. If needed, you can add a bit of water to achieve the right consistency.
- Drizzle the melted peanut butter and honey over the filled sweet potato.
- Finish it off by sprinkling cinnamon, peanuts, and pepita seeds on top.
- Your Loaded Sweet Potato With Peanut Butter is now ready to enjoy!
Commonly Asked Questions
Can I Use Other Nuts or Nut Butters?
Absolutely, you can switch it up with almond butter or cashews, for example. Just remember that it could alter the nutritional content and flavor slightly.
Can I Bake the Sweet Potato Instead?
Yes, baking is an alternative to microwaving. However, it will increase your cooking time considerably.
Is the Ancho Chili Powder Mandatory?
The ancho chili powder gives the dish a hint of spiciness to balance the sweetness, but if you don’t have it, you can skip it.
What Can I Pair This With?
This loaded sweet potato works well as a standalone quick meal, but you can also pair it with steak, chicken, or vegetables for a more rounded dinner.
Peanut Butter Loaded Sweet Potato
- Measuring Spoons
- 1 sweet potato
- 1/8 cup peanuts
- 1 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- pinch ancho chili powder
- pinch kosher salt
- pinch cinnamon
- 1 tbsp pepita seeds
- Poke holes in the sweet potato and microwave until tender. (average 4-7mins)
- Slice the potato down the center, remove the inside of the potato and place in a bowl.
- Add the salt and ancho chili powder to the bowl and mash together. Fill the potato skin with the filling.
- Microwave the creamy peanut butter for a few seconds to melt it (you may need to add a bit of water to it). Drizzle with creamy peanut butter and honey and sprinkle cinnamon, peanuts and pepita seeds on top.
The Loaded Sweet Potato With Peanut Butter is a game-changer for anyone who thinks that quick meals can’t be flavorful or nutritious. Its rich texture and combination of sweet, salty, and slightly spicy flavors make each bite a delight.
The dish is so versatile that you can enjoy it for lunch, dinner, or even as a midday snack. Plus, it offers a host of nutritional benefits, including fiber, protein, and essential vitamins. It’s this unique blend of convenience, taste, and nutrition that makes the this a perfect addition to any meal plan. So why wait? Give this quick and easy recipe a try today—you won’t regret it!