Breakfast, they say, is the most important meal of the day. And with recipes like the Lemon Blueberry Danish, you’re sure to start your day right! If you love a classic Danish but are looking for something a tad different, this recipe is your answer. Bright, tangy lemons paired with sweet blueberries, all wrapped up in a soft bread bun—it’s like a burst of sunshine on your plate.
Why You’ll Love Lemon Blueberry Danish
- Refreshing Flavor Combo: The tang of lemon combined with the sweetness of blueberries offers a refreshing start to your morning.
- Quick to Prepare: No long hours in the kitchen. Get a delectable breakfast or snack in no time.
- Perfect for Brunch: Planning a brunch gathering? This Danish is sure to impress your guests.
- Versatile: Enjoy it as a breakfast item, a snack, or even a dessert. It’s flexible!
- Kid-Friendly: The sweet and tangy flavors are a hit with kids, making morning meal times easier.
What You Need To Make Lemon Blueberry Danish
- Measuring cups/spoons
- Mixing Bowls
- Baking Dish
Ingredients You Need To Make Lemon Blueberry Danish
- Sweet bread slider buns
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Lemon juice
- Lemon (for zesting)
- Egg yolk
- Blueberry pie filling
- Egg (for egg wash)
- Milk (for the topping)
How To Make Lemon Blueberry Danish
- Kick things off by preheating your oven to a cozy 400 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, start with the cream cheese, adding powdered sugar, zesty lemon juice, lemon zest, and egg yolk. Blend them until you achieve a smooth, creamy texture.
- Now, for the slider buns! Carve out their insides, creating a little pocket for your fillings.
- Here’s a tip to give your Danish that golden sheen: brush egg wash on the tops of the slider buns, then sprinkle a touch of sugar for that sweet crunch.
- Fill each bun with your cream cheese concoction, then crown it with the blueberry pie filling.
- Place your buns in the oven and let them bake for 15 minutes until they’re golden and tempting.
- For the grand finale, mix powdered sugar with milk until smooth. This will be your topping. Generously drizzle it over the sliders, and there you have it—breakfast perfection!
Commonly Asked Questions
Can I Use Other Fruits Instead of Blueberries?
Yes, you can! While blueberries bring a unique sweetness, you can try with raspberries, strawberries, or even a mixed berry blend.
How Do I Store Leftover Danish?
You can keep them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days. If refrigerated, they can last up to 4 days.
Can I Freeze Them for Later?
Yes, you can freeze the Danish. Just ensure they are wrapped tightly and stored in a freezer-friendly container. When ready to eat, thaw and warm them up in the oven.
Lemon Blueberry Danish
- Measuring cups/spoons
- mixing bowls
- Baking Dish
- 6 sweet bread slider buns
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice + 1 lemon zested.
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup blueberry pie filling
- egg wash-1 egg + 1/4 cup of water mixed.
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 2 tsp of milk may need 3 tsp.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl mix together the 8oz cream cheese, powdered sugar, lemon juice, zest, egg yolk until smooth.
- Cut out the inside of the slider bun.
- Brush the egg wash on the tops of the buns, sprinkle the sugar.
- Fill with the cream cheese mixture.
- Top with blueberry pie filling and bake for 15 minutes.
Imagine biting into a warm, soft bread filled with creamy, lemony goodness, and then getting that burst of sweet blueberries. That’s the joy the Lemon Blueberry Danish brings to your mornings or snack times. It’s a delightful meld of sweet and tangy, soft and creamy, all wrapped up in one bite-sized treat. Whether you’re hosting a brunch, looking for a quick breakfast fix, or simply want to indulge in a little afternoon delight, this recipe is a game-changer. The simplicity of its ingredients, coupled with its rich and zesty flavors, make the Lemon Blueberry Danish a recipe that’s bound to be a favorite in your household.