Skip ordering takeout and fuel your weeknight dinner with an easy, delicious, and healthy bowl of noodles packed with bold flavors. Gluten Free Thai Peanut Noodles with Chicken will have the entire family flocking to the table and asking for seconds.
Whether you’re adding it to a sweet treat such as Gluten Free Peanut Butter Lava Cakes or this colorful and fresh noodle recipe, peanut butter instantly wakes up the taste buds. A little sweet, creamy, and packed full of protein, this single ingredient has the power to wake up any dish.
Gluten Free Thai Peanut Noodles with Chicken combines fresh and colorful produce with easily accessible pantry staples. A little sweet, a little savory, and completely irresistible, these peanut noodles will be the answer to the age-old question, what’s for dinner?
- Creamy Peanut Butter – Gives both sweetness and also a creamy texture to the sauce for these peanut noodles. The peanut has more protein than any other nut while also being packed with 19 vitamins and minerals, fiber, and heart healthy fats. This is an energy dense food that will fuel your body while satisfying your taste buds.
- Gluten Free Soy Sauce – Adds umami and salty, savory flavor to the sauce while balancing the sweetness of the peanut butter.
- Sesame Oil – Adds a hint of nuttiness that compliments the peanut butter.
- Lime Juice – Gives an acidic, bright pop of flavor that balances the sweetness of the peanut butter and gives freshness.
- Chili Paste – Gives a hint of spice without overpowering the other ingredients.
- Honey – Compliments the sweetness of the peanut butter and balances out the savory and acidic notes.
- Rice Noodles – The perfect canvas to absorb this bold and delicious sauce while making an ideal bed for the bounty of vegetables and tender chunks of chicken.
- Bell Peppers – I used a combination of red and orange for color and sweetness.
- Cabbage – Gives crunch to every bite.
- Snow Peas – A little sweet and a little crunchy, they give texture and unique flavor to this gluten free peanut noodle recipe.
- Olive Oil
- Peanuts – Gives a pop of crunch while also amplifying the flavor of the peanut butter.
- Cilantro – Fresh and a little citrusy, this brings a bright note to the dish.
How to Make Gluten Free Thai Peanut Noodles with Chicken
This cold noodle salad is a feast for all of the senses! Crunchy, packed with bold flavors, and alive with color and texture, it will have you diving in with your chopsticks down to the last noodle. The best part, it comes together in minutes.
Time needed: 40 minutes
Rice noodles are dressed in a sweet, tangy, savory sauce and filled with vegetables and tender chicken.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add your olive oil. Place the chicken in the skillet and allow all the sides to brown. Let your chicken cook until it has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Remove from the pan.
- Noodle Time
Cook your rice noodles according to the package directions. Drain them once cooked.
Add your ingredients for the dressing to a bowl and toss to combine.
Add the noodles, vegetables, cooked chicken, and dressing to a bowl and toss to combine.
Top the Thai peanut noodles with peanuts and cilantro. Enjoy!
This recipe can be made completely vegetarian by replacing the chicken with tofu or even just omitting the chicken entirely.
Short on time? Feel free to substitute the cooked chicken in this recipe with either leftover chicken or even the grocery store superhero, rotisserie chicken.
This cold noodle salad is a perfect make ahead for meal prep. Keep it stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator and it will keep for 3-4 days.
Top Tip for Gluten Free Thai Peanut Noodles with Chicken
When you’re mixing up your dressing for these peanut noodles, you can microwave the peanut butter to loosen it up a little. You just want to microwave it for a few seconds to soften it but not make it hot.
Gluten Free Thai Peanut Noodles with Chicken
- 1 Skillet
- 1 Serving bowl
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 1/2 tbsp Gluten Free soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 bow rice noodles
- 1 lbs chicken, sliced thin can sub with tofu or emit entirely for a vegetarian version
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced thin
- 1 orange pepper, sliced thin
- 2 cups cabbage, sliced thin
- 8 oz snow peas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup peanuts, chopped
- 1/8 cup cilantro, chopped
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil.
- Add the chicken. Allow all sides to brown, letting it cook until it is done and 165 degrees. Remove from the pan.
- Cook the rice noodles according to the package directions and then drain.
- Add the peanut butter, soy, chili paste, sesame oil, and lime juice to a bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add the noodled, cooked chicken, vegetables, and dressing to a bowl and toss to combine.
- Top with the chopped peanuts and cilantro.