Can we all agree that peanut butter and chocolate are one of the greatest food combinations ever? Throw in the chewy bite of a cookie, and you have a dream match. These Gluten Free Sunflower Butter Cup Cookie Bars are a treat everyone can enjoy giving a new spin to a favorite.
As amazing as peanut butter and chocolate are, the unfortunate truth is so many children and adults suffer from food sensitivities. These decadent and chewy treats make it easy and irresistible for everyone to enjoy.
Move Over Peanut Butter Cups
The secret to these delectable treats is sunflower butter cups. I am using Free2b Sunflower Butter Cups in this recipe.
Free2b is free of the most common food allergens. This includes gluten, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, and more. All of their products are produced in a dedicated facility that is free of these common allergens.
Their products are also free from artificial colors, sweeteners, and artificial preservatives. These are products you can feel good about enjoying as a snack, or adding to your favorite baked good such as these Gluten Free Sunflower Butter Cup Cookie Bars.
In each luxurious bite you’ll get that mixture of a blondie based cookie bar combined with the molten soft sunflower butter cup. Just imagine that perfect combination of a little salty, combined with a slight caramel flavor, mixed with decadent chocolate. Are you hungry yet?
Baking Your Gluten Free Sunflower Butter Cup Cookie Bars
These cookie bars are a great afternoon treat, after dinner dessert, and ideal bake sale confection. Because they are Gluten Free, Dairy Free, and peanut free they’re a crowd pleasure and both incredible flavor and feel good ingredients.
As delicious as these are they’re equally as easy to make. In just a few steps you will be cutting into your new favorite treat.
First, when it comes to mixing these Gluten Free Sunflower Butter Cup Cookie Bars, you want to make sure that your Dairy Free butter is at room temperature. This will allow you to evenly incorporate all of the ingredients without overmixing.
Next, decide how you want your end product to look. These can either be baked in a 9×9 baking dish or a 9″ round cake pan.
Once your bars have baked, allow them to cool before cutting them. This will allow them to set up. After that, the only question is how are you serving them? Your favorite whipped topping, Dairy Free ice cream, or straight from the pan?
Are you looking for more baking inspiration? Make sure you check out my recipe for Gluten Free Double Caramel Millionaire’s Cake. Now let’s get baking!
Peanut Butter Cups Cookie Bars
- Mixing Bowl
- 9" round or 9×9 baking dish
- 2 1/3 cups Gluten Free 1.1 flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder OR cornstarch
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups Peanut butter or Sunflower cups chopped into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9" round or 9×9 baking dish with nonstick baking spray.
- Add your butter and sugars to a bowl and mix for 3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla. Add the flour, arrowroot, baking soda, and salt and mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Fold in the peanut butter or sunflower butter cups. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean and the top is golden brown.
- Allow to cool before cutting. Enjoy!