There's no need to go out when you serve up the ultimate seafood mashup. Gluten Free Shrimp Crab Cakes with Dill Sauce are the easy and elegant dish that will have you going back for seconds.
I love crab cakes in all forms, such as my Gluten and Dairy Free Crab Cake Eggs Benedict. This version combines the delicate sweetness of crab with the snap and succulent bite of shrimp.
Why You'll Love this Recipe
Gluten Free Shrimp Crab Cakes with Dill Sauce are all about the texture of the duo of seafood as well as the flavor.
- Easy Process - Not only do these shrimp and crabcakes cook fast, but they also require minimal prep.
- Budget Friendly - Unlike many recipes for crab cakes that call for pricy jumbo lump crab meat, the addition of budget friendly shrimp makes this the perfect dish for any night of the week, not just special occasions. In addition, because the shrimp gets chopped in this recipe, there's no need to buy jumbo or colossal shrimp for this recipe. Medium and large shrimp work just fine.
- Meal Prep - The shrimp crab cakes can be formed ahead of time and cooked when ready. The dill sauce can also be made ahead of time and chilled until ready to serve.
- Versatility - You can serve these seafood cakes as a sandwich, open faced, or on their own. They can also be portioned out into smaller cakes for the perfect appetizer.
- Shrimp - Shrimp not only give flavor to these seafood cakes, but also texture, giving them a little bite and snap.
- Crab Meat - The crab meat adds sweet and delicate flavor.
- Mayonnaise - Helps bind the cakes together and give moisture. This is also the base for the dill sauce.
- Gluten Free Panko - Just enough Gluten Free panko is added to help hold these moist seafood cakes together.
- Eggs - Helps bind these seafood cakes together.
- Kosher Salt
- Ranch Seasoning - Adds herbaceous flavor to every bite.
- Vegetable Oil - Helps fry the seafood cakes and give them a beautiful crust.
- Dill - Adds fresh flavor to the dill sauce and echoes the dill in the ranch in the crab cakes.
- Relish - Adds bright tang to the sauce.
- Lemon Juice - Adds bright and fresh flavor to the shrimp and crab cakes.
How to Make Gluten Free Shrimp Crab Cakes with Dill Sauce
This easy and delicious celebration of the sea comes together in less than 30 minutes!
Time needed: 20 minutes.
Preheat your grill to 400 degrees. Heat your skillet.
Mix together the ingredients for your shrimp crab cakes. Allow the mixture to sit for 10 minutes.
Use a scoop to portion out four patties. Add your oil to the pan and allow it to heat up. Add the patties into the heated grill safe skillet, pressing down to flatten them. Let the first side cook for 4-5 minutes until you begin to see the edges turn golden brown. Flip them and cook the second side another 4-5 minutes.
Mix together your ingredients for the dill sauce. Top the shrimp crab cakes with the dill sauce and enjoy!
- Grill - I cooked these on my Aspire by Hestan grill.
- Hestan NanoBond Pan - Not only are these pans oven and grill safe up to 1050 degrees, they also clean up easily!
Top Tip for Gluten Free Shrimp Crab Cakes with Dill Sauce
Both the shrimp crab cakes and the dill sauce can be made ahead of time. Simply keep them chilled in the refrigerator until you are ready to cook them and serve!
Gluten Free Shrimp Crab Cakes with Dill Sauce
- 1 grill
- 1 grill safe skillet
Shrimp and Crab Cakes
- 1 cup shrimp, cleaned and rough chopped
- 1 cup crab meat
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup Gluten Free panko
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 ½ tsp ranch seasoning
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil, for frying
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dill, chopped
- 2 tbsp relish
Shrimp and Crab Cakes
- Add all of the ingredients except for the vegetable oil to a bowl. Mix until just combined.
- Preheat your grill to 400 degrees. Place a grill safe skillet on the grates and allow it to heat. Add the oil.
- Use a scoop to portion out 4 equal sized shrimp and crab cakes. Add them into the hot pan and flatten.
- Allow the first side to cook for 4-5 minutes until you begin to see the edges turn golden brown.
- Flip them and cook the second side until golden brown, 4-5 minutes.
- Serve with the dill sauce. Enjoy!
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and mix to combine.
- Chill until ready to use.