Do you say creamsicle or dreamsicle? Whatever you call the tangy orange and sweet vanilla classic mashup, it’s always delicious. These Gluten Free Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes will take you straight back to childhood summers.
What was your go to order from the ice cream truck? Whether you were team fudgcicle or ordering the strawberry shortcake, the creamsicle was always universally appealing. These fresh and festive cupcakes will give you that lazy summer day flavor while elevating a classic.
Reinventing a Classic
These Gluten Free Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes pack the familiar taste of a classic creamsicle. Fresh orange juice and zest along with Simply Delish Orange Jel deliver a triple dose of sunshine.
Simply Delish makes a full line of sugar free, vegan, plant based jels and sugar free, naturally flavored puddings. They truly create products you can feel good about serving your family.
The fluffy cloud of dairy free buttercream frosting will transport you instantly to childhood. But with these cupcakes you don’t have to worry about brain freeze.
A combination of orange concentrate and cream concentrate provide the perfect balance of creamsicle flavor in decadent frosting. Use your favorite natural concentrate brand.
Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes, Let’s Talk Baking
When you go Gluten Free, baking might seem daunting. Even for people who aren’t Gluten Free baking can be a challenge.
One of the easiest swaps you can make is using 1 to 1 Gluten Free flour. In other words, you can make an equal swap for regular flour. You don’t have to worry about adding any additional starches or xanthan gum.
First, you are going to dissolve your orange jel into the oat milk. Because these are dairy free I’m using oat milk as my liquid. You can substitute with your favorite dairy alternative.
After adding the rest of your liquid, the next step is adding the dry ingredients. For the most tender cakes, don’t over mix.
For that perfect creamy, light, and fluffy buttercream texture, start with room temperature dairy free butter. This will allow all of your ingredients to mix together easily and smoothly.
The last tip is allow your cupcakes to cool completely before frosting. They’re going to smell so amazing you’ll be tempted to eat them straight from the oven. But frosting them before they cool may result in your frosting melting and sliding off the cupcakes.
Love baking? Make sure to check out my recipe for Banana Sheet Cake with Espresso Chocolate Ganache.
Gluten Free Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes
- Large mixing bowl
- medium mixing bowl
- stand mixer or hand mixer
- piping bag
Orange Cream Frosting
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 lbs Dairy Free butter, room temp
- 20 drops cream concentrate
- 15 drops orange concentrate
- 2 tbsp oat milk
- Optional, food coloring
- Candied orange slices for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the jello and oat milk to a bowl and mix on high speed for 3 minutes, until the jello is completely dissolved.
- Add the rest of the liquids and sugar and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- line your cupcake pan with 12 cupcake liners.
- Evenly distribute the batter between the 12 cupcakes.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes until the cupcakes are set and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely.
Orange Cream Frosting
- Add all of the ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Starting on medium speed, beat until all ingredients are combined and the frosting is light and fluffy.
- Pipe onto the cooled cupcakes. Eat and enjoy!