Some creations are so easy, but so irresistible. Some, such as these Gluten Free Millionaire Rice Krispie Treats should also come with a warning.
Sticky, crispy, chewy, and oh so gooey. There's something timeless about a rice krispie treat. They're pure childhood nostalgia, but they seem to taste even better as an adult. These are the childhood favorites you loved given a glamorous makeover.
Over the Top Decadence
You are going to feel like a million bucks when you make these Gluten Free Millionaire Rice Krispie Treats. I am warning you now though, set at least one aside for yourself because these disappear fast!
When anything starts with melted Dairy Free butter and marshmallows, you already know it's going to be good. Throw in molten drippy chocolate and that rich flavor of caramel and you have the ultimate confection.
The combination of chocolate and caramel takes these rice krispie treats to the next level, and also gives them their name. Millionaire shortbread, and millionaire candy, combines the classic duo.
Unlike many recipes for caramel this one comes together easily with just a single ingredient, Dairy Free condensed sweetened milk. Made with coconut milk, it simmers until it turns a beautiful glossy golden blonde and then is allowed to cool until it thickens.
In addition to the caramel, I am using a Dairy Free semi-sweet chocolate. Use your favorite for this recipe. Part of the melted chocolate and caramel sauce are combined for that final luxurious drizzle.
Cashing in On Gluten Free Millionaire Rice Krispie Treats
With the exception of melting a few ingredients, this is a completely no-bake dessert. They're the perfect anytime treat, a fun bite to gift friends, and an ideal bake-sale item. They're just as at home at your backyard barbecue as they are an afternoon surpirse.
- Gently melt your Dairy Free butter. Keep your heat on medium-low. Once the butter has melted add your marshmallows and allow them to melt, stirring to combine.
- Mix in your puffed rice cereal. Make sure everything is fully coated.
- Pour the mixture into a 9x13 casserole dish and press lightly to even it out. Set aside.
- Add your can of Dairy Free condensed sweetened milk to a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook it until it turns golden brown and remove from the heat, allowing it to cool. it will thicken as it sits.
- Melt your semi sweet chocolate in the microwave. Use 15 second intervals, stirring between each until the chocolate is fully melted and glossy smooth.
- Drizzel have of the sweetened condensed milk over the rice krispie treats. Drizzle half of the chocolate over the top.
- Combine the remaining melted chocolate and sweetened condensed milk, stirring to fully mix. Drizzle the mixture of the top of the Gluten Free Millionaire Rice Krispie Treats.
Are you looking for more easy recipes? Make sure you check out my recipe for Sugar Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake. Now let's get cooking!
Gluten Free Millionaire Rice Krispie Treats
- 9x13 casserole dish
- microwave safe bowl
- 16 oz mini marshmallows
- 5 tbsp Dairy Free butter
- 6 cups Gluten Free puffed rice cereal
- 1 cup Dairy Free semi sweet chocolate
- ⅛ cup Dairy Free milk
- 12 oz Dairy Free condensed sweetened milk
- Heat a large pot over medium-low heat. Add the butter and allow it to gently melt, stirring to help it along.
- Add the marshmallows to the melted butter, stirring to dissolve and combine. Turn of the heat.
- Add the puffed rice cereal and stir to fully coat the cereal.
- Pour the marshmallow coated cereal into a 9x13 casserole dish. Lightly press down to even it out.
- Pour the condensed sweetened milk into a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook for several minutes until it turns a golden brown color. Remove from the heat and allow it to cool and thicken.
- Add the chocolate to a microwave safe bowl. Working in 15 second intervals microwave the chocolate until melted, stirring in between. Add Dairy free milk to the melted chocolate and stir until it's smooth and combined.
- Drizzle half of the condensed sweetened milk over the rice krispie treats.
- Drizzle half of the melted chocolate over the rice krispie treats.
- Stir together the remaining melted chocolate and condensed sweetened milk. Drizzle over the rice krispie treats.