The Super Bowl is this weekend, and all I can think about is what's on the game day menu? I know one thing that will score a touchdown. This Gluten Free Double Meat Chili is sure to be a winning hit.
Chili and football just belong together. Whether you're ladling up a bowl or piling it on top of a potato or nachos, it's a hearty crowd pleaser.
It's game on with this Gluten Free Double Meat Chili. The one two punch of smoky bacon and rich meaty ground beef is sure to become an instant classic.
Regardless of what you're cooking, the ingredients themselves always matter. Especially when it comes to meat I want to know where my products come from. I love using Niman Ranch in my recipes and everyday life. The utilize a network of small, independent U.S. family farmers for their humanely raised animals. Setting the bar in the industry for sustainable and humane agricultural practices, Niman Ranch is leading the industry.
For this recipe I am using both the Niman Ranch ground beef as well as their Maple Uncured Bacon. The bacon contains no added nitrates or nitrates and is also free of artificial flavors and ingredients. The real maple syrup and brown sugar add a nice depth of flavor and sweetness that compliments all of the bold savory flavors.
In addition to the ground beef and bacon, black beans and kidney beans add both texture and make this pot of pure comfort extra hearty. The only question is, how are you serving it up?
Touchdown with Gluten Free Double Meat Chili
It's easy to get game day ready with this fully loaded pot of chili. I will take you step by step so you're on the way to being your family's MVP!
- Heat your stock pot on medium heat. Add your bacon and cook until it's rendered some of its fat and is partially cooked. You're not looking to brown it.
- Add the ground beef and onions. Use your spoon to break up the ground beef. Cook until the beef is browned about 10 minutes.
- Add your remaining ingredients and mix until everything is evenly distrubuted.
- Cover and allow your Gluten Free Double Meat Chili to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir well.
- Leave the chili uncovered and allow it to cook for 10 more minutes.
- Have fun with your toppings! Part of what makes chili a game day favorite is the ability to play with a customize your toppings. Set out a few to allow your friends and family to create their own favorite flavor combinations. I love Gluten Free cornbread and Dairy Free sour cream and shredded cheese.
Are you looking for more cold weather comfort? Make sure you check out my recipe for Gluten and Dairy Free Ham and Corn Chowder. Now let's get cooking!
Gluten Free Double Meat Chili
- Stock Pot
- 12 oz Niman Ranch Maple Uncured Bacon, chopped
- 1 lbs Niman Ranch ground beef
- 1 poblano, seeds removed, finely diced
- 2 onions, diced medium
- 2 cups beef broth
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 15 oz kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp ancho chile powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Serve with cornbread, shredded cheese, extra crispy bacon, and sour cream
- Heat a stock pot over medium heat.
- Add the bacon and cook until some of the fat is rendered and it is partially cooked.
- Add the ground beef and onions. Using your spoon break up the ground beef.
- Allow the ground beef to brown and the onions to become translucent, 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Stir to evenly distribute.
- Cover the pot and allow it to cook for 20 minutes.
- Stir well.
- Cook for an additional 10 minutes uncovered.
- Remove the bay leaves.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.