Can you think of a more classic pairing than coffee and donuts? It’s the perfect morning treat or afternoon pick me up. With these Gluten Free Coconut Granola Coffee Cake Donuts, you can have your coffee, and eat it too.
The Power of the Crunch
The idea for these donuts started the moment I opened a bag of Grandy Oats Coffee Crunch Coconola.
I have a confession to make. I love cereal. I'm talking take the box away from me before I devour it love.
From the first bite of this granola I was struck by the irresistible crunch. I knew it would make the perfect topping for a coffee cake.
Grandy Oats has a full line of granola, including their grain free Coconola varieties. Certified Gluten Free, coconut is the first ingredient and the base for their amazing flavors. Packed with organic ingredients like hazelnuts, pecans, and sunflower seeds, each bag packs maximum flavor and crunch.
Putting the Coconut in Gluten Free Coconut Granola Coffee Cake Donuts
Because coconut is the first ingredient in Grandy Oats Coconola, I wanted to play up that coconut flavor in these Gluten Free and Dairy Free donuts. Using both coconut milk and coconut extract, you get a burst of coconut in every bite.
Donuts are one of my favorite things to make. Not only are these healthier, but you have control of all of your ingredients and can play around with flavors, like this coffee cake crumble granola topping.
There's also the added bonus of being able to eat them whenever the craving hits. What's better than warm donuts while still wearing your pajamas?
Making donuts is both easy and straightforward. These baked Gluten Free Coconut Granola Coffee Cake Donuts don't require any frying.
The only tool you'll need is a donut pan. In less than 30 minutes from mixing to baking, you'll be on your way to the ultimate scrumptious treat that's both pillowy, and crunchy.
Are you ready to get baking?
Love donuts? Make sure you check out my recipe for Delicious Gluten Free Churro Donuts.
Gluten Free Coconut Granola Coffee Cake Donuts
- 2 mixing bowls
- Donut pan
- Baking Sheet
- 1 cup lite coconut milk
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp coconut extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ stick Dairy Free butter, room temp
- 2 cups 1.1 Gluten Free flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
Coconut Coffee Crumble Topping
- 1 cup Coffee Crunch Coconola
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup 1.1 Gluten Free flour
- 3 tbsp Dairy Free butter, room temp
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray donut pan with nonstick baking spray. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar for approximately 3 minutes until sugar is fully incorporated and butter is creamy and a little fluffy.
- Add the eggs, extracts, and coconut milk. Mix until just combined.
- Add your dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated.
- Pour the batter into even portions in donut pan.
- In another bowl add the sugar, flour, and butter for the crumble topping. Using a fork mix together until combined and crumbly.
- Add your granola and mix to evenly distribute.
- Sprinkle the granola topping evenly among the 12 donuts.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden and the donuts are set.
- Allow to cool slightly before removing from the pan.