After personally testing, tasting, and trying different combinations of dairy free alternatives, I have finally nailed my recipe for Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan with Dairy Free Alfredo.
When you’re going Gluten Free and Dairy Free, there's going to be a lot of trial and error. There are so many products out there it can sometimes be overwhelming. Some dishes like alfredo sauce may seem no longer attainable. It’s a creamy, decadent ode to all things dairy after all!
I've personally tried many varieties of the jarred versions and have never been happy. Because of that I set out to create the ultimate Dairy Free alfredo sauce that you can make at home. For this recipe, I'm using very specific dairy free brands. The combination will give you the luxurious taste and texture you crave.
The savory rich flavor comes from a combination of Dairy Free feta and Dairy Free parmesan cheeses. For the feta I use Violife Just Like Feta. For the parmesan I'm using Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Parmesan.
Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan Over Dairy Free Fettuccini Alfredo
There are three components to this trifecta of Italian favorites. First is the crispy yet juicy chicken parmesan. Second a layer of sweet, chunky, hug your pasta marinara. And last, that glorious velvety alfredo sauce.
All three of these dishes can be prepared separately and served in a multitude of ways. Feel free to give the Dairy Free fettuccini alfredo a home next to your grilled chicken. The crunchy chicken parmesan is equally as good atop a fresh summer salad. And for a quick weeknight meal, the leftover marinara can be added to your favorite Gluten Free pasta.
An Italian Feast
Individually each portion of this dish shines. However when you combine all three you truly have the ultimate Italian feast.
This dish will be the center place of your table. The beautiful ivory fettuccini offering up a bed for the bright crimson pop of marinara, crowned with that succulent chicken.
Love Italian food? Make sure you check out my recipe for Gluten Free Beef Short Rib Ragu.
Open your favorite red, invite some friends over, and let's make Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan and Dairy Free Fettuccini Alfredo!
Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan and Dairy Free Fettuccini Alfredo
- 2 stock pots
- Large skillet
- 2 bowl
Dairy Free Alfredo Sauce
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 onions, diced medium
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp marjoram
- 28 oz tomato puree
- 12 oz tomato paste
- 15 oz diced tomatoes
- dash of cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 chicken breasts, pounded thin
- salt and pepper to season
- egg plus 1 tbsp water for eggwash
- 2 cups Gluten Free breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
Dairy Free Alfredo Sauce
- Add all of your ingredients to a pot over medium-low heat.
- Continue to gently stir until the cheeses are dissolved and melt into the soy milk.
- Add your fettuccini and toss to combine.
- In a large stock pot over medium heat, add oil, onions, and bell pepper.
- Sauté the vegetables until softened, 5-8 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and turn the heat to low. Simmer for at least an hour. Marinara should thicken, reduce in volume, and deepen in color.
- Adjust to taste for salt and pepper.
- In one bowl combine the breadcrumbs and Italian seasoning.
- Add egg wash to a separate bowl.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, and then dip into the egg wash followed by the breadcrumbs.
- In a large skillet heat ½ cup of vegetable oil over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and cook each side 5-7 minutes until golden brown and crispy. The internal temp should read 165.
- Remove to a paper towel lined plate and sprinkle with kosher salt and a little extra of the herb seasoning. Enjoy!