Can we all agree that tacos are a universal language? If you’re having a bad day, they instantly make it better. They’re the perfect food to gather around. They’re a celebration of fresh ingredients with infinite flavor possibilities. Tacos pretty much equal happiness. So what better way to start the day than these Gluten Free Breakfast Tacos?
Gluten Free Breakfast Tacos
Tacos might have their own unofficial designated day of the week, but they’re ideal any time of the day. Because so many components of tacos can be assembled the night before, or just require a little chopping, they come together quickly and are easy to make for busy days ahead. They fuel our body, and nourish the soul with their bright and colorful toppings
Beef, it’s what’s for breakfast
Tacos at their best are a combination of beautiful ingredients. The base of these breakfast tacos start with incredible beef from Certified Piedmontese Real Nebraska Beef.
Certified Piedmontese beef is naturally leaner, yet incredibly tender. You can taste the difference in this grass-fed, grass finished beef. When you bite into Certified Piedmontese beef, you are tasting that true rich flavor. However, while the beef tastes rich, it’s naturally leaner and possesses less calories while containing more protein.
Because this beef is so special, you want to cook it to perfection. I have a guide listed in my Porcini Dusted NY Strips post for the ideal temperatures.
Building the perfect taco
These Gluten Free Breakfast Tacos get a one two punch of protein from the addition of black beans. Not only are they going to provide incredible texture and flavor, they’re going to keep your energy going.
If you top these tacos off with an egg, you have a true protein trifecta! Tacos aren’t just fun, they can also be healthy!
Let’s keep building those flavors and textures.
Oven roasted potatoes with their crispy exterior and warm fluffy interior offer up a great pairing to the juicy and melt in your mouth tender Certified Piedmontese beef. From there, the tortilla is your limit.
Have fun adding your favorite toppings. Avocado slices, the verdant pop of cilantro, a bright squeeze of lime, sassy salsa, or fresh pico de gallo are all great options.
Now that you’re ready for a morning fiesta, get the coffee brewing and let’s make some breakfast tacos!
Gluten Free Breakfast Tacos
- 2 Certified Piedmontese NY Strip Steaks Buy Piedmontese Steaks Online | Certified Piedmontese®
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2 Idaho potatoes, cubed and roasted
- 1 can Black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp Duck fat
- 8 Gluten Free Tortillas
- Optional Toppings: sweet peppers, avocado, cilantro, tomatoes, onions, fresh lime juice, sour cream, radish, eggs, etc.
- Season steak with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the duck fat and allow to melt.
- Place both steaks in the skillet and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Flip the steak and cook five minutes more, or until you have reached your desired doneness. Use a meat thermometer to check.
- Remove steak from the heat and allow to rest 10 minutes.
- Heat your tortillas while the steak is resting. You can char them directly over the flame of a gas stove burner, heat them up in the oven, or microwave them.
- Cut steak into thin strips.
- Have fun building your tacos! Add your strips of steak, warm roasted potatoes, black beans, and your favorite toppings.