Sometimes I am inspired by an ingredient. When I first tried Grandy Organics Maple Roasted Cashews, I knew they'd be the perfect star for a dessert. Gluten and Dairy Free Sticky Maple Cashew Bars will have you going back for seconds.
Chewy, sticky, crunchy, and oh so delicious, these bars hit all of the marks on both texture and flavor. Whether you're looking for the perfect treat to share with friends, or a new confection to surprise your family with, these are sure to become a favorite.
Let's Get Nutty
I love making bar recipes. They're that perfect balance of chewy, buttery crust and crispy crunchy topping. Gluten and Dairy Free Sticky Maple Cashew Bars are a fun twist everyone will love.
What could be better than an almost sugar cookie like crust with hints of maple syrup, piled high with nuts and caramel? In just a few easy steps these bars come together effortlessly.
Unlike desserts such as pie that require rolling out dough and multiple steps, making nut bars is as easy as mixing together cookie dough. With just a little mixing and then pressing the dough into your favorite baking dish, these bars couldn't be easier.
The heart of Gluten and Dairy Free Sticky Maple Cashew Bars and the ingredient that inspired them is Grandy Organics Maple Roasted Cashews. Certified Organic and Fair-Trade Certified, these cashews are lightly sweetened with organic maple syrup, vanilla, and seasoned with sea salt.
I love using Grandy Organics products. From their rolled oats to their nuts, and all of their amazing Gluten-Free granolas, they're perfect for both stocking my pantry for cooking and baking, but also one of my favorites to have on hand for healthy snacks.
In addition to the chewy cookie crust, it's the decadent pour of caramel draped over the top of the nuts that sets these bars apart. Combining maple syrup with cream of coconut, the mixture ensures you get that sweet sticky nutty pop in every single bite.
Baking Up Gluten and Dairy Free Sticky Maple Cashew Bars
There are only two easy steps to making these bars, baking up the crust, and then creating the topping that only takes a few additional minutes to bake. Get out your mixing bowl and let's have some fun in the kitchen.
- Pregame! Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Spray an 8x8 baking dish with nonstick baking spray and set it aside.
- Make sure your Dairy Free butter is at room temperature. This will allow everything to come together easily.
- Add all of your ingredients for the crust to a mixing bowl. Mix until just combined.
- Press the dough into the prepared baking sheet. You can use the bottom of a measuring cup to press it out evenly if you like.
- Bake the crust for 30 minutes, or until it's lightly golden brown.
- While the crust is baking prepare the cashew topping.
- You just want to use the hard portion, not the liquid, of the coconut cream. Add all of the ingredients to a pot and bring to a low boil. Allow it to gently boil for 5 minutes.
- Top the crust with the maple roasted cashews. Pour the caramel sauce over the top of the nuts.
- Bake your Gluten and Dairy Free Sticky Maple Cashew Bars for an additional 15 minutes.
- Allow the bars to cool to room temperature, and then refrigerate them for at least 4 hours before cutting them. These are a great make ahead treat!
Are you looking for more easy and delicious dessert recipes? Make sure you check out my recipe for Gluten and Dairy Free No-Bake Tropical Icebox Cake. Now let's get baking!
Gluten and Dairy Free Sticky Maple Cashew Bars
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1 8x8 baking dish
- 1 saucepan
- 1 ¾ cups Gluten Free 1.1 flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 tbsp Dairy Free butter, room temperature
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp maple
- 1 ½ cups Grandy Organics Maple Roasted Cashews
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp Dairy Free butter
- 15 oz can cream of coconut, just the hardened part
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray an 8x8 baking dish with nonstick baking spray and set aside.
- Add all of the ingredients for the crust to a bowl. Mix until just combined.
- Press the dough into the prepared baking dish until evenly spread out.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Spread the maple roasted cashews over the top of the crust.
- Add the remaining ingredients to a saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a low boil and allow to boil for 5 minutes.
- Pour the caramel sauce over the top of cashews.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Allow the bars to come to room temperature and then refrigerate for 4 hours before cutting.