Fall is here and with it all things sugar, spice, and everything nice, especially pumpkin. Gluten and Dairy Free Spiced Pumpkin Cake is the tender and tasty treat you will be serving up all season long.
Tis the time of year for all things pumpkin, like Gluten and Dairy Free Pumpkin Cider Donuts. There is nothing like the magical aroma of warm spices perfuming the air and the delicate sweetness of pumpkin. This is a twist on a classic dessert that the entire family will love.
Everyone probably has that one can of pumpkin laying around in their cabinet. Gluten and Dairy Free Spiced Pumpkin Cake combines canned pumpkin with pantry staples for an easy and delicious dessert.
- Gluten Free Flour - Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Baking Flour is my go-to flour for both sweet and savory dishes. It makes it easy to replace flour in recipes as it needs no additional starches.
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Javamelts Hazelnut Sugar - Adds depth of flavor to this cake with the nutty, buttery, and rich flavor of hazelnuts. This 100% pure cane sugar is naturally flavored, non-GMO, Gluten Free, and non-Dairy.
- Brown Sugar - Adds the hint of molasses to every bite.
- Vegetable Oil - Gives this cake a moist and tender texture.
- Pumpkin Puree - Adds a delicate layer of sweetness and helps with the texture.
- Vanilla - The higher the quality the vanilla extract, the more intense the vanilla flavor will be.
- Salt - Enhances the natural flavors of all of the ingredients.
- Pumpkin Pie Seasoning - Use your favorite variety. They all contain a slightly different combination of spices.
- Oat Milk - Use a non-sweetened version. Adds moisture to this cake.
- Dairy Free Cream Cheese - The tangy base for the maple cream cheese frosting.
- Powdered Sugar
- Maple Cream - Adds sweetness to the frosting.
How to Make Gluten and Dairy Free Spiced Pumpkin Cake
Skip the boxed cake mix. With just a few simple steps this aromatic and rich dessert comes together effortlessly. Whether you're looking for a way to celebrate autumn or the perfect holiday dessert, this pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting is sure to become a favorite.
Time needed: 3 hours and 40 minutes.
Tender spiced pumpkin cake with a sweet maple cream cheese frosting will have you celebrating all things fall.
preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick baking spray and set it aside.
- Batter Up
Add all of wet ingredients to a bowl, including the pumpkin puree. Mix until it is smooth and combined. Add the dry ingredients to the bowl and mix until they are just combined, careful not to over mix.
Pour the pumpkin cake batter into the prepared baking dish. Allow the cake to bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let the cake cool completely before frosting it.
- Finishing Touch
Add all of the ingredients for the maple cream cheese frosting to a bowl. Mix until silky and creamy. Frost your cake and enjoy!
This cake is completely Dairy Free. However you can use regular cream cheese in this recipe for the cream cheese frosting.
In addition, if you don't have maple cream, you can use pure maple syrup to add that layer of maple flavor to the frosting.
It will be love at first bite with this cake. While it might not last long enough to store, it will keep for 3-5 days. Keep it tightly covered or stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Top Tip for Gluten and Dairy Free Spiced Pumpkin Cake
To ensure that your frosting is decadently creamy and smooth, always allow your Dairy Free or regular cream cheese to sit out at room temperature. This will allow it to mix up easily while preventing it from being lumpy.
Gluten and Dairy Free Spiced Pumpkin Cake
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1 9x13 baking dish
Spiced Pumpkin Cake
- 2 ¼ cups Gluten Free 1.1 flour
- 4 eggs large
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup Javamelts Hazelnut Flavored Sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 15 oz pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ cup Dairy Free milk such as oat milk
Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
- 16 oz Dairy Free cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp maple cream can substitute with maple syrup
Spiced Pumpkin Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick baking spray and set aside.
- Add all of the wet ingredients to a bowl including the pumpkin puree and stir to combine.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Be careful not to over mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and spread it out.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool completely before frosting.
- Frost cake with the maple cream cheese frosting.
- Slice and enjoy!
Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and mix until silky smooth.