I am always looking for fun and easy weeknight meals. One of my favorites that is always a crowd pleaser is Gluten and Dairy Free Meatball French Bread Pizza.
Whether you’re using store bought Gluten and Dairy Free meatballs, utilizing your own leftover meatballs, or making up a batch just for this pizza, this dish comes together effortlessly. It’s a childhood favorite reinvented so everyone in the family can enjoy it.
When it comes to creating Gluten Free and Dairy Free recipes, I always strive to come up with recipes everyone will love, not just those who are Gluten Free and Dairy Free. Sometimes the best ideas come from taking nostalgic dishes and reworking them so all can freely eat the. That is how Gluten and Dairy Free Meatball French Bread Pizza came to be.
Of course, these easy French bread pizzas start with the meatballs. You can take the help of the grocery store and pick up your favorite in the frozen foods aisle. You can also make my recipe for meatballs I used in my Gluten Free Spaghetti and Meatballs. It combines both pork and ground beef for tender, savory bites.
In addition to the meatballs, these fun and festive French bread treats get a boost of flavor from Outside Table’s Pizza Night sauce and Pizza Thyme seasoning. Using these two ingredients not only infused bold and fresh flavor into every bite but also helps these party ready cheesy bites come together that much easier.
I love using Outside Table in my day to day cooking. Their small batch, artisanal products are made with organic ingredients. They’re all preservative free and bring layers of flavor and garden fresh taste to everything, giving it that all day cooked taste.
For the cheesy component of these French bread pizzas, I’m using a trio of Dairy Free cheeses. Dairy Free shredded mozzarella, Dairy Free parmesan, and Dairy Free ricotta all offer up their own unique textures and savory bites.
Grilling Up Gluten and Dairy Free Meatball French Bread Pizza
These comforting pizzas are a great lunch or dinner. They cook up quickly making them ideal for weeknights, and because they’re so much fun are great to entertain with. Double or triple the recipe and invite some friends over!
- Preheat your grill to 450-500 degrees. While your grill is preheating, prepare your pizza.
- Use your favorite Gluten Free French bread loaf for this. Split it in half creating two long halves.
- Add the Dairy Free ricotta, parmesan, and Pizza Thyme seasoning to a bowl and stir it together until it’s fully incorporated.
- Spread the ricotta mixture onto both sides of the French bread,
- Spread on your pizza sauce and top with halved meatballs.
- Top with the shredded mozzarella.
- Grill your Gluten and Dairy Free Meatball French Bread Pizza for 10-15 minutes until or until the cheese begins to melt.
- Remove from the grill and cut into pieces. These smell so irresistible I know it’ll be hard to let them cool!
Tips for How to Make Gluten and Dairy Free Meatball French Bread Pizza
- Use your favorite Dairy Free cheeses for this. You might like one brand of Dairy Free ricotta and prefer a different brand of Dairy Free mozzarella. We all find what we love.
- Don’t have Gluten Free French bread? No problem. You can also substitute with Dairy Free sub rolls or hoagie rolls.
- For this recipe I baked these on my grill. However, you can also bake these in the oven.
Gluten and Dairy Free Meatball French Bread Pizza
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1 Baking Sheet
- Preheat oven or grill to 450-500 degrees.
- Cut the French bread in half and place on an oven safe baking sheet.
- Add the ricotta, parmesan, and Pizza Thyme to a bowl and mix to combine.
- Spread the ricotta mixture to both sides of the French bread.
- Spread the Pizza Night sauce over the ricotta cheese mixture.
- Top with the halved meatballs.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella over the top.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is beginning to melt.
- Cut the French bread pizza into pieces.