Skip the drive-thru and make your morning a little more fun! Gluten and Dairy Free McGriddle Smashburgers are the ultimate sweet and savory way to start the day.
Burgers are the right answer any time of day, such as Gluten Free Barbecue Pork Burgers with Onion Rings. This fun and irresistible take on the fast-food favorite is not only delicious any easy, but also puts you in complete control of all the ingredients.
It’s never been easier to take breakfast to the next level than with Gluten and Dairy Free McGriddle Smashburgers. Combining a pantry staple with breakfast favorites, this recipe comes together in less than thirty minutes and is easy to shop for.
- Breakfast Sausage – Savory, meaty, and delicious. Use your favorite variety. Sage, maple, and spicy all work well in this recipe. Use what you love!
- Dairy Free Cheese – Melty, ooey, and gooey, is there anything better than an egg draped in cheese? This brings a savory note to balance the sweetness of the maple syrup while also adding creamy texture.
- Eggs – Roll up your sleeves! Molten yolk makes everything better. The golden burst of egg adds richness and sauciness to every bite.
- Gluten Free Pancake Mix – Josie’s Best The Pancake makes creating the “buns” for this breakfast burger easy. Josie’s Best is my go-to pancake mix. it is created in a dedicated Top 8 Allergen Free facility and in addition to being Gluten Free and Dairy Free is also free of soy, peanuts, and tree nuts. It’s not only easy to make it’s also absolutely delicious!
- Maple Syrup – Adds sweetness to every bite of the pancake sandwich. Maple syrup gets swirled into the batter and slightly caramelizes as the pancakes cook.
How to Make Gluten and Dairy Free McGriddle Smashburgers
Heat up the griddle and get the coffee brewing! This fun take on breakfast sandwiches will become a new favorite and request. With just a couple of simple steps, this fully loaded egg sandwich won’t last long.
Time needed: 20 minutes
Maple kissed pancakes make the perfect buns for savory cheese topped sausage and fried eggs.
Preheat your griddle. Form your breakfast sausage into four equal sized patties.
- Sausage Time
Ad your sausage patties to the heated griddle. Cook the first side for 4-5 minutes before flipping. Cook the second side about the same or until it is browned, a little crispy, and cooked through. Top with cheese and remove to a plate.
- Batter Up
Mix your pancake batter according to the package directions. Pour your batter onto the hot griddle. Drizzle a little maple syrup on top. Cook the first side for 3-5 minutes or until you begin to see bubbles form. Flip and cook the second side about the same. Remove from the griddle.
Add your eggs to the hot griddle. Cook to your likeness.
To build your sandwich, place two sausage patties onto a pancake. Add your egg. Top with the second pancake and dive in!
- Vegetarian – Use your favorite plant-based sausage to make this recipe vegetarian.
- Turkey – Swap out pork sausage for turkey sausage for an equally delicious version of this stacked sammy.
- Cheesy – This recipe uses Dairy Free cheese. However, feel free to use your favorite slice of dairy cheese when making this. You can also use non-Gluten Free pancake mix.
- Scrambled Eggs – Scrambled eggs more your style? Make the eggs for this recipe however you like. Poached eggs would also be delicious.
Both the sausage patties and pancakes can be made ahead of time and then reheated in a skillet or on the griddle when ready to make your Gluten and Dairy Free McGriddle Smashburgers. Allow your pancakes and sausage to fully cool before storing them in airtight containers in the refrigerator separately. In addition, you can also tightly wrap them and freeze them for up to three months.
Top Tip for Gluten and Dairy Free McGriddle Smashburgers
Texture is everything! There is nothing like the crispy bits on sausage and the delicate crusted exterior of a pancake with its pillowy bite. Always make sure your griddle is fully heated when adding your food and allow it to come back up to temp between cooking the sausage, pancakes, and eggs.
Gluten and Dairy Free McGriddle Smashburgers
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1 Griddle
- 1 lbs breakfast sausage
- 4 slices Dairy Free cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Gluten Free pancake mix, made according to package directions
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Heat your griddle to medium.
- Prepare your pancake mix according to package directions and set aside.
- Make 4 patties out of your breakfast sausage.
- Place the sausage onto the griddle. Cook the first side 4-5 minutes before flipping.
- Flip the sausage and cook the second side about the same or until it is brown, slightly crispy, and cooked through. Top with cheese and remove to a plate.
- Add the pancake batter to the hot griddle.
- Swirl maple syrup onto the top of the pancakes.
- Cook the first side of the pancakes 3-5 minutes, or until bubbles begin to appear. Flip the pancakes and cook them about the same amount of time. Remove to a plate.
- Cook your eggs your favorite way.
- To build your McGriddle Smashburgers top a pancake with two sausage patties. Add your egg. Top the sandwich with a second pancake.