Spring is in the air and it just feels like the perfect season to have people over and entertain. I love having a variety of different appetizers. Gluten and Dairy Free Crab and Shrimp Rangoon Dip is one of my favorites!
Move over chips and dip; it’s about to get a little more fun in here. This dip packs all of the sweet and tangy flavors of your favorite crab rangoon, but without all of the work.
A Classic with a Twist
Crab Rangoon is one of those classic and beloved dishes. Skip the take out and make this Gluten and Dairy Free Crab and Shrimp Rangoon Dip at home!
Crab Rangoon is all about that crispy, crunchy fried shell hugging the creamy seafood laced filling. This fun dip gives you all of the traditional flavors and textures, but in a festive form that just makes you want to invite people over and relax.
Instead of going through the process of filling and folding the Crab Rangoon dumplings I turned the filling into a warm and luscious dip. Krab meat is joined by shrimp. Fresh chives, garlic powder, and onion powder lend different delicate layers of aromatics to compliment the sweet seafood. Dairy Free cream cheese and sour cream create the perfect face to bubble and bake, holding it all together.
Instead of dipping Crab Rangoon into chili sauce the baked dip gets topped with the sweet and tangy sauce. My favorite part is the crunchy yet airy chip. I fried rice paper for the perfect dipper. Crispy, airy, Gluten Free, and so much fun, I promise you’ll find yourself wanting to dip these into everything just for that crisp bite.
Party Ready Gluten and Dairy Free Crab and Shrimp Rangoon Dip
In just a couple of steps you will be on your way to serving up your new favorite party treat. This dip is so easy you will be sure to make it part of your regular rotation.
- Pregame! Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Make sure your Dairy Free cream cheese is room temperature. This will allow you to mix everything together without lumps.
- Mix your cream cheese, sour cream, krab, shrimp, and seasonings together.
- Spread the mixture into an 8×8 baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven and spread the chili sauce over the top.
- To make your rice paper chips, cut your rice paper into quarters.
- Add 1/2 cut of vegetable oil to a large skillet over medium heat.
- Once hot add the quarters of rice paper to the hot oil. Be careful not to crowd as they puff and fry up quick.
- Remove them from the oil and place on a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Have fun watching your friends and family devour this delicious dip!
Are you looking for more fun and easy appetizer ideas? Make sure to check out my recipe for Easy Miso Glazed Tuna Tacos in Nori Wrappers. Now let’s get our dip on!
Gluten and Dairy Free Crab and Shrimp Rangoon Dip
- 1 8×8 baking dish
- 1 Large skillet
- 8 oz krab, chopped
- 4 oz cooked shimp, chopped Optional
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 8 oz Dairy Free cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 oz Dairy Free sour cream
- 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 pkg rice paper, cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Add your cream cheese, sour cream, krab, shrimp, chives, salt, and onion and garlic powder to a bowl. Mix well to combine.
- Spread the krab and cream cheese mixture into an 8×8 baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and spread the sweet chili sauce over the top.
- To make your your crispy rice paper chips heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. You want the temperture of the oil to be around 350.
- Add a few quarters of the rice paper at a time to the oil. They puff up and cook quickly.
- Remove from the oil and allow to drain on a papertowel lined plate.
- Continue with the remaining quarters of rice paper.