Are you or someone you love a chocoholic? These Gluten and Dairy Free Chocolate Cupcakes are the ultimate hug in food form for the chocolate connoisseurs in your life.
The only thing better than chocolate cake is a chocolate cupcake. There’s just something so happy about that festive swirl of frosting. This recipe takes my favorite chocolate cake recipe and scales it down to the perfect handheld form.
There are just some foods that immediately make people happy. There’s no denying the universal love of cupcakes. They’re the ultimate personal treat. These Gluten and Dairy Free Chocolate Cupcakes are a sweet way to bring a little happiness.
Cupcakes are both a confection to celebrate with, and a celebration unto themselves. They’re just as at home at a birthday party as they are on a Tuesday, just because.
These cupcakes deliver everything that a chocolate cake should be. Intense chocolate flavor with a tender crumb and moist decadent bite. And we can’t forget the billowing cloud of creamy, dreamy frosting. That is one of the best parts of a cupcake after all, the frosting to cake ratio.
The depth of flavor and deep chocolate flavor comes from two secret ingredients. Both espresso powder and freshly brewed coffee enhance the flavor of the cocoa powder giving it dimension.
In addition to accenting the chocolate flavor the freshly brewed coffee adds moisture to this cake. Dairy Free Greek yogurt also keeps this cake irresistibly moist while also adding a little tang.
Baking Up Your Gluten and Dairy Free Chocolate Cupcakes
Skip the box mix because these decadent cupcakes are going to give you all of the flavor and texture your crave. Get out your mixing bowl and cupcake pan and let’s take it step by step.
- Pregame! Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 16 cupcake baking tin with nonstick baking spray and set aside.
- Add your eggs and sugar to a mixing bowl and mix on high for three minutes. It should be slightly frothy.
- Mix in your oil, yogurt, vanilla, and espresso powder and then mix in all of your dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- The last step is to mix in your coffee.
- Divide the batter among the 16 cups. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Always allow your cupcakes to cool completely before frosting. It’s all about that mountain peak!
- When mixing your frosting, make sure your Dairy Free butter is at room temperature. This will allow it to mix easily and be smooth and creamy.
- Have fun frosting your Gluten and Dairy Free Chocolate Cupcakes! And make sure to save one for yourself.
Are you looking for more chocolate recipes? Make sure you check out my recipe for Gluten and Dairy Free Chocolate Bumpy Cake. Now let’s get baking!
Gluten and Dairy Free Chocolate Cupcakes
- Mixing Bowl
- 16 tin cupcake pan
- 2 cups Gluten Free 1.1 flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 5 oz Dairy Free unsweetened Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp espresso powder
- 1 cup freshly brewed coffee
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Dairy Free butter
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup oat milk
- 1 tsp espresso powder
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 16 tin cupcake pan with nonstick baking spray and set aside.
- Add eggs and sugar to a mixing bowl and mix on high got 3 minutes.
- Add the vanilla, oil, espresso powder, and yogurt. Mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Add the freshly brewed coffee and gently mix to incorporate.
- Divide the batter between the 16 tins. Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Mixing all of the ingredients together until smooth, creamy, and slightly fluffy.
- Frost or pipe onto cupcakes.