Is there anything better than starting your day off with a decadent Danish? These Gluten and Dairy Free Cherry Danish Sliders are not only easy, but they’re also almost too delicious to be true!
Whether you’re looking for something to serve alongside your Dairy Free Cheesy Ham Hashbrown Casserole or a sweet treat to serve with tea, these cherry Danishes are the perfect answer. Soft, tender, a little sticky, and burst with layers of flavor, they are sure to become a favorite.
These Gluten and Dairy Free Cherry Danish Sliders are a total game changer. Forget opening up that packet of yeast and proofing dough. Using a pantry staple, these couldn’t be easier.
- Gluten Free Sweet Rolls – The secret to the easy of these fruit Danishes is using sweet rolls as the base. Canyon Bakery’s Gluten Free Hawaiian Sweet Rolls are soft, tender, and have that kiss of sweetness that makes them a perfect base for these Danishes. In addition they can be use for French toast, sliders, or just snacking. Besides being Gluten Free they are also Dairy Free, soy free, and nut free.
- Dairy Free Cream Cheese – Use your favorite brand. This adds tangy and creamy texture to the filling.
- Powdered Sugar – Helps sweeten the Dairy Free cream cheese and is also used in the glaze.
- Lemon Juice – Adds brightness to the cream cheese filling.
- Egg Yolk – An egg yolk adds both richness to the filling while also binding it together and helping it brown and give it texture.
- Cherry Pie Filling – A little sweet, a little tart, and gorgeously glossy, canned cherry pie helps make these easy to prepare.
- Sugar – Lightly caramelizes the outside of the sweet rolls.
- Egg Wash – Gives the sweet rolls a slight sheen while helping adhere the sugar to its sides.
- Dairy Free Milk – It doesn’t take much to create that perfect glazy drizzle.
How to Make Gluten and Dairy Free Cherry Danish Sliders
Using a couple pantry staple shortcuts, these brunch superstars require minimal effort and bake up in no time.
Time needed: 30 minutes
Since the sweet rolls themselves are already baked, you only need to bake up the creamy filling.
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Cut out the inside of your slider buns, creating a well. Be careful not to cut all the way through to the bottom and leave yourself a boarder to contain the filling.
- Mix it Up
Add your Dairy Free cream cheese, lemon juice, and powdered sugar to a bowl. Mix until it is silky smooth.
- Fill it Up
Brush the sides of the sweet rolls with an egg wash and then sprinkle them with sugar. Either pipe your filling into the slider buns, or carefully spoon it in. Top with the cherry pie filling
- Bake it Up
Allow the cherry cream cheese Danishes to bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the cream cheese filling is set.
- Top it Off
Mix together your powdered sugar and Dairy Free milk to create a smooth and easily pourable glaze. Drizzle over the Danishes and enjoy!
While this recipe is completely Dairy Free, you can make the same recipe using regular cream cheese. In addition, have fun with your toppings and use your favorite pie filling such as blueberry.
Top Tip for Gluten and Dairy Free Cherry Danish Sliders
When it comes to mixing up your cream cheese filling regardless of using Dairy Free cream cheese or regular cream cheese, always make sure that you let it sit out and come to room temperature. This will give you that silky, velvety, luxurious texture that is free of lumps.
Frequently Asked Questions About Danish Sliders
The bake time will vary by oven. You want them to bake between 10-15 minutes. They should be lightly golden and warmed through.
Gluten and Dairy Free Cherry Danish Sliders
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1 baking sheet or baking dish
Cherry Cheese Danishes
- 6 Gluten Free Sweet bread slider buns
- 8 oz Dairy Free cream cheese
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup cherry pie filling
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp Dairy Free milk may need 3 tsp depending on how thick it is
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Using a paring knife to cut a well in each of the slider rolls, careful not to cut all the way to the bottom and to also leave the sides intact.
- Add the cream cheese, powdered sugar, lemon juice, and egg yolk to a bowl. Mix until smooth and silky.
- Whisk together the water and egg. Brush the egg wash onto the sides of the sweet rolls.
- Sprinkle the sides with the sugar.
- Pipe the cream cheese filling into the hollowed-out slider buns.
- Top with each bun with cherry pie filling.
- Bake the cherry Danishes for 10-15 minutes. You are looking for them to be lightly golden and warmed through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Whisk together the powdered sugar and milk. Drizzle over each Danish.