Is there anything better than sinking your teeth into a pillowy Danish filled to the brim with luscious cream? Gluten and Dairy Free Boston Cream Pie Sliders are the ultimate way to start your day in total decadence.
Making Danishes at home has never been easier, like Gluten and Dairy Free Cherry Danish Sliders. Using the help of a kitchen staple and a few pantry staples, this is sure to become a family favorite.
Skip making dough from scratch. Gluten and Dairy Free Boston Cream Pie Sliders gives you all of the flavor of your favorite Danish or donut without the work.
- Gluten Free Sweet Rolls - Canyon Bakehouse Gluten Free Hawaiian Rolls add sweetness to this recipe while making it easy to prepare anytime. Not only are they Gluten and Dairy Free, they're also soy free and nut free. They're soft texture makes them ideal for these sliders as well as French toast, or your favorite slider recipes.
- Dairy Free Chocolate Hazelnut Spread - Decadent, rich, and easy to drizzle and spread, this gives more complexity than just melted chocolate while also making these easy to create.
- Instant Vanilla Pudding - Use your favorite brand. This makes creating the pastry cream filling quick and easy. If you want to make a traditional Dairy Free pastry cream recipe from scratch refer to the pastry cream in my recipe for Gluten Free Eclairs with Dairy Free Pastry Cream.
- Dairy Free Milk - Use your favorite kind. Oat milk works well in this.
- Sugar - Helps slightly caramelize the outside of the sweet rolls.
- Egg Wash - Allows the sugar to stick while also giving the rolls a glossy finish once baked.
How to Make Gluten and Dairy Free Boston Cream Pie Sliders
Using instant vanilla pudding and your favorite Gluten Free sweet rolls makes these sweet treats easy to create any day of the week. Whether you're serving them as part of an indulgent brunch or confection later in the day, they're sure to become a new favorite.
Time needed: 1 hour.
Using pantry staples, these sweet donut inspired rolls pack all of the flavor and texture of the bakery classic.
Preheat our oven to 400 degrees. Hollow out your sweet rolls, creating a cavity. Place them in a 9x10 baking dish.
Whisk together your egg and water to create an egg wash. Brush it onto the outside of the rolls. Sprinkle with sugar.
Bake your rolls for 15 minutes. Remove them from the oven and allow them to cool completely.
Mix your vanilla pudding. Fill each bun with the pudding mixture.
- Finishing Touch
Microwave your chocolate hazelnut spread for about 10-15 seconds just to soften it. Drizzle it over the top of your rolls.
Gluten and Dairy Free Boston Cream Pie Sliders are perfect on their own, but also a fun base to play around with and make your own.
- Chocolate - Skip the vanilla pudding. Swap it for your favorite instant chocolate pudding mix for a double dose of chocolate.
- Dairy - While this recipe is completely Dairy Free, feel free to substitute the Dairy Free milk in this for regular milk. Whole milk or 2% milk will give a thicker texture to the pudding.
These sweet treats beg to be devoured immediately! However, they can be stored for several days. Keep them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Allow them to sit out for a few minutes to come to room temperature when ready to serve.
Top Tip for Gluten and Dairy Free Boston Cream Pie Sliders
When adding Dairy Free milk to instant pudding mixes, it can be hard to get it to set and firm up. Always make sure you use a hand mixer at high speed and beat it until it thickens up. In addition, making sure that your milk is super cold also helps it to firm up.
Gluten and Dairy Free Boston Cream Pie Sliders
- 1 hand mixer
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1 9x13 baking dish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Hollow out the center of each sweet roll, creating a cavity that can be filled.
- Whisk together the egg and water to form an egg wash.
- Brush the buns all over with the egg wash. Sprinkle them with sugar.
- Allow the rolls to bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- While the rolls are cooling, make your pudding. Add the milk to a bowl with the pudding mix. If using Dairy Free milk use a hand mixer and beat it on high until it has thickened.
- Microwave the chocolate hazelnut spread for 10-15 second or until it is easy to drizzle.
- Fill each roll with vanilla pudding.
- Drizzle the chocolate hazelnut spread over the top.