Creamy, sweet, luscious, and decadent, Easy Strawberry Shortcake Cheesecake hits all of the flavor notes of this summertime favorite. Whether you’re looking for a sweet treat to serve up for Easter or Mother’s Day or a new twist of classic cheesecake, this pretty in pink dessert will win your heart.
Cheesecake is a beloved dessert for a reason. There is nothing like sinking your fork into that first silky bite. Whether it’s The Ultimate Dairy Free Cheesecake or this mashup of two favorite confections, there is a reason cheesecake is a favorite dessert for so many. It’s all about its texture and balance of sweetness, richness, and that irresistible tang.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Classic Flavors – This gives you the classic flavors of strawberries and cream that you love in strawberry shortcake. The best part because it uses two different forms of strawberry, both natural flavoring and dried strawberries you can make this year-round regardless of whether or not it’s strawberry season.
- Easy Process – Both the crust and the filling come together with just a couple simple steps. This is a perfect cheesecake for any level of baker.
- Customizable – You can make this gluten free and dairy free or use regular vanilla wafer and all dairy products. It is completely up to you.
- Make Ahead – Cheesecake is the ultimate make ahead dessert. Because you want to allow it to chill before serving this is an ideal confection to make a day or two in advance.
Easy Strawberry Shortcake Cheesecake celebrates the sweet and juicy burst of strawberries. Combining cheesecake staples like cream cheese and eggs with the buttery bite of vanilla wafers, this cheesecake recipe is easy to shop for and easy to make.
- Vanilla Wafers – You can use either regular Nilla wafers or Gluten Free wafers both will work in this recipe. These are the main component of the crust and also create that buttery topping.
- Butter – Brings the crust together.
- Sugar – Adds sweetness to both the crust and the cheesecake itself.
- Amoretti Wild Strawberry Artisan Flavor – Gives the balanced flavor of sun ripened sweet and tart strawberries. Gives this cheesecake it’s beautiful color while being naturally flavored and sweetened and free of artificial ingredients.
- Cream Cheese – Rich yet tangy, this is the base for the filling. You can use either dairy free or regular cream cheese.
- Sour Cream – Makes this cheesecake extra decadent and creamy.
- Eggs – Both a whole egg and egg yolks give this cheesecake its texture and richness.
- Vanilla Extract – The better the quality the vanilla, the more pronounced the flavor.
- Freeze Dried Strawberries – Gives intense strawberry flavor and also texture.
How to Make Easy Strawberry Shortcake Cheesecake
A buttery vanilla crust, intensely creamy and rich strawberry filling, and crunchy topping make this strawberry cheesecake a star. While it’s the perfect warm weather dessert with its balance of flavors and texture you’ll find yourself making this all year long.
Time needed: 6 hours and 30 minutes
Creamy, dreamy, and bursting with juicy strawberry flavor in every bite, this gives you everything you love about strawberry shortcake in the perfect cheesecake form.
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 9″ spring form pan with nonstick baking spray and set aside.
- In Crust We Trust
Add the vanilla wafers to a blender and pulse until they’re a fine sandy crumb. Transfer them to a bowl and mix the with the melted butter and sugar. Press the mixture into the prepared springform pan. Place in the refrigerator to chill and proceed with the filling.
- Strawberry Filling
Add the eggs and sugar to a bowl and mix on high for three minutes. It should be light and airy. Add the strawberry flavor, vanilla, and cream cheese and mix for another three minutes on high. Add the remaining ingredients and mix for three more minutes. It will be incredibly creamy.
Pour the mixture into the prepared crust. Sprinkle the crushed vanilla wafers and freeze dried strawberries over the top. Place the cheesecake on the middle rack in the center of the oven. Allow it to bake for 45-60 minutes. If you notice the vanilla wafers getting too brown lightly cover it with foil.
- Cool Down
Allow the cheesecake to come to room temperature for an hour and then let it refrigerate for at least four hours before sering.
This recipe was made with both Gluten Free and Dairy Free ingredients. However, you can make the same recipe with all dairy ingredients, and also use regular Nila wafers for the crust. The measurements will be the same.
How to Tell If Cheesecake Is Done
Oven temperatures greatly vary. While you shouldn’t open your oven door during that first 45 minutes of baking, you may need to bake your cheesecake for a little additional time. To make sure that your cheesecake is done, give it the jiggle test. Wearing oven mitts, gentle move it back and forth. If the cheesecake only slightly jiggles, it is done. It will continue to set up as it cools.
You can also give it the touch test. Gently touch the top center of the cheesecake. If it’s firm but still with some give, it is done. Keep in mind that cheesecakes made with sour cream will be slightly more jiggly than all cream cheese based cheesecakes.
Last, you can always use an instant read thermometer to test the temperature. If the internal temperature of the cheesecake is 150 degrees, it is done. Make sure that you only test the center and don’t touch the bottom of the pan and the crust.
Top Tip for Easy Strawberry Shortcake Cheesecake
Cheesecake is all about that creamy and dreamy texture. To help the filling come together and be completely lump free, make sure that all of your ingredients are at room temperature. It even helps to have the eggs at room temperature. This will ensure that they don’t cause the cream cheese to seize up.
Easy Strawberry Shortcake Cheesecake
- 1 Blender
- 1 mixing bowl/mixer
- 1 9" springform pan
- 2 3/4 cups GF vanilla wafers
- 10 tbsp dairy free butter, melted
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp Amoretti Wild Strawberry Artisan flavor
- 16 oz Dairy Free cream cheese, room temperature
- 16 oz Dairy Free sour cream
- 1 egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 1/ cups sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup crushed gluten free vanilla wafer
- 1/2 cup freeze dried strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 9" springform pan with nonstick baking spray and set aside.
- Add the vanilla wafers to a blender and pulse until they're sandy.
- Add the crushed vanilla wafers to a bowl with the sugar and melted butter. Mix to combine.
- Press the crust mixture into the prepared springform pan. Let refrigerate while you prepare the filling.
- Add the egg, egg yolks, and sugar to a mixing bowl and mix on high for 3 minutes. It will become light and airy.
- Add the extracts and cream cheese and mix on high for 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix for another 3 minutes. It will become super creamy.
- Pour the cheesecake batter into the prepared crust. Top with the crushed vanilla wafers and strawberries.
- Place the cheesecake on the middle rack in the middle of the oven. Let bake for 45-60 minutes.
- If the vanilla wafers start getting too brown lightly cover the top with foil.
- Let cool on the counter for an hour.
- Let the cheesecake refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.