It’s heating up outside with summer upon us and I am always looking for fun desserts that don’t require heating up the kitchen. These Easy Gluten Free No-Bake Banoffee Parfaits are the perfect sweet treat to enjoy all summer long.
I love no bake desserts such as my Gluten and Dairy Tropical Icebox Cake. This traditional English dessert gets a fun twist that also happens to make it lower in sugar. Get out your blender. This sweet confection comes together in less than 20 minutes.
A Classic with a Twist
Banoffee pie is a traditional British dessert combing a rich, decadent toffee sauce with bananas. Easy Gluten Free No-Bake Banoffee Parfaits gives you all of the flavor with less work and less sugar.
There are multiple variations on this sweet confection. Some have you boiling cans of sweetened condensed milk while others utilize dulce de leche. For this recipe I am replacing not only the work, but the abundance of sugar with one sweet and natural ingredient, D’Vash Orgranics dates.
I love using both D’vash Organics dates, and also their date syrup instead of sugar or sugar replacements. The depth of flavor it brings to recipes combined with its lower glycemic point make it delicious while being something I feel good about serving my family and friends.
Not only does using D’vash Organics dates make this sweet treat lower in sugar, it also bumps up the nutritional value. These dates are rich in several types of antioxidants and magnesium and are high in fiber. You can have your dessert and eat it too!
The dates are combined with the solid cream from coconut cream to create a luscious and luxurious silky caramel. No judgement if you steal a spoonful while making these.
How to Make Easy Gluten Free No-Bake Banoffee Parfaits
With just a few simple steps and tips, these fun and festive sweet treats come together with ease.
Time needed: 20 minutes
There’s no need to fire up the stove or oven with these quick and delicious confections.
- Blend it Up
Add your Gluten Free graham crackers and pecans to a blender and blend until they form a fine, sandy texture. Mix in your melted Dairy Free butter and set aside.
- Prepare the Dates
This mixture will make a large batch. You can store the date mixture in the refrigerator and use it throughout the week.
Begin by placing pitted dates in a large bowl with hot water. Allow it to seep for 10 minutes. This will both soften the dates and also hydrate them.
Add the softened dates and solid coconut cream to a blender and blend until smooth. This might take a couple of cycles to achieve the right texture.
- Layer it Up!
Add the pecan and graham cracker mixture to the bottom of your parfait glasses. Top with sliced bananas. Add a dollop of the date mixture. Top with Dairy Free whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
Easy Gluten Free No-Bake Banoffee Parfaits
- 1 Blender
- 2 cups Gluten Free graham crackers
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 3 tbsp Dairy Free butter, melted
- 3 cups D'vash Organics dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 14 oz coconut cream, just the solid cream
- prepared Dairy Free whipped cream
- Dairy Free chocolate shavings, optional
- Add the pecans and graham crackers to a blender. Blend until sandy in texture.
- Add the melted butter and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Add the pitted dates to a bowl. Top with the hot water and allow to sit for 10 minutes until softened.
- Add the softened dates and the solid coconut cream to a blender. Blend until smooth. This may take a couple of cycles to achieve the right texture.
- To assemble your parfaits, add a sprinkle of the pecan-graham cracker mixture to the bottom of your parfait glasses.
- Top with the sliced bananas.
- Add dollops of the date mixture over the bananas.
- Add Dairy Free whipped cream and garnish with chocolate shaving is adding.