Can we add this to the blog post where it makes sense Easy Chili. You asked more for instant cooker meals & here’s my first one! This is my classic beef chili.
I used the Dream Cooker from @ourplace. This is their multicooker, it’s unlike any you’ve
seen before. It’s got everything that once made multicookers a viral sensation (versatile, time-saving, easy to use), plus even more thoughtful innovations that make it built for the future.
From fork-tender meats to fluffy whole grains, the Dream Cooker™ yields delicious results with little effort and in record time (70% faster than traditional methods!). Coming in at 6-quart, or 9 cups of
rice, it combines the powers of pressure cooking, slow cooking, sauteing, and more. Plus, it takes the pressure out of pressure cooking. Just set it and forget it with a hands-free steam release,
automatic keep warm, and nine advanced safety features.
Whether its Detroit style chili topping a Coney Dog or this double the meat bowl of goodness, chili is just one of those dishes that will have family and friends diving in and looking for seconds. This quick cooking chili recipe combines hearty meat with two types of beans packing all of the flavors and texture you love. This is perfect for game day but speedy enough for any night of the week.
There’s something magic about the ability of a good chili recipe to combine pantry staples with just a few fresh ingredients. Easy Beef Chili makes the meat the star with just a few items you probably have as the supporting characters.
- D’Artagnan Ground Beef – D’Artagnan has been leading the farm to table movement since 1985. They partner with small farms and are committed to sustainable, free-range, and humane practices that respect animals and nature.
- Green Pepper – Adds an earthy flavor without making this chili spicy.
- Onion – Gives both savory flavor and a natural sweetness that gives this chili depth.
- Beef Broth – Enhances the natural meatiness of the chili while helping the ingredients cook down and the flavors marry.
- Tomato Paste – Gives both a little sweetness and also body to the chili.
- Beans – A combination of kidney beans and black beans give both flavor and texture to this chili.
- Diced Tomatoes – Brings a little acidity and also sweetness that balances out all of the spice.
- Spices – Chili is all about the spices and this chili combines chili powder and ancho chili, cumin for earthiness, paprika for a little smokiness, and garlic powder for savory flavor.
- Worcestershire Sauce – Gives a salty kick of umami.
- Salt and Pepper
How to Make Easy Beef and Venison Chili
If you have about an hour and a craving for meaty and hearty chili, this is the beef and bean chili for you! Fast cooking but loaded with flavor, this is sure to become a new favorite.
Time needed: 45 minutes
Combining two types of meat and beans, this hearty and comforting chili is a total game day winner!
Heat a large Dutch oven or stock pot over medium heat. Add your ground beef and use a spoon to break it up, allowing it to brown.
Add your onions and bell pepper and cook until the onions are translucent.
Add your remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Cover and allow it to cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve this chili on its own, topped with your favorite chili toppings, or with a hunk of Gluten Free cornbread.
This chili is bold on flavor, but mild on heat. If you like things spicy feel free to add a diced jalapeno or serrano pepper when you’re sautéing your onions and green bell pepper. You can also add a pinch of cayenne pepper.
Want your chili a little smoky? Add chipotle powder or a diced chipotle pepper into the chili.
This same chili recipe can be made with all ground venison, turkey or chicken. You can also substitute the combination of beans in this recipe with all kidney beans or your favorite variety such as pinto beans.
Is there anything better than leftover chili? As good as it is the first time it’s even better as leftovers. This beef chili will keep in the refrigerator for a week. In addition it also freezes well. Allow it to cool and then transfer it to freezer safe bags. It will keep for up to three months.
Top Tip for Easy Beef Chili
Have all your ingredients ready to just add them in to keep this quick and easy.
Easy Beef Chili
- 1 Dutch oven or stockpot
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 onions, diced medium
- 2 cups beef broth
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 15 oz kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ancho chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Turn on your Instapot and add the ground beef and cook the meat until it's browned, using your spoon to break it up.
- Add the onions and pepper. Continue to cook until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Set it to the correct cooking setting to finish the cooking process.