Pop the bubbly and ring in the New Year with a comforting yet luxurious dish. Dairy Free Decadent Morel Mushroom Risotto is a restaurant worthy recipe that is a celebration of beautiful ingredients.
There is something special about the creamy texture of risotto. Whether is celebrating seafood with Dairy Free Seared Scallops with Corn Risotto, or this celebration of earth, it turns any meal into a special occasion. With just a few tips and tricks, this sumptuous dish is sure to become a new favorite.
There's something magical about the nutty, luxurious, woodsy, and smoky flavor of morel mushrooms. With them being the star of Dairy Free Decadent Morel Mushroom Risotto, it doesn't take many ingredients to allow them to shine center stage in this risotto recipe.
- Arborio Rice - This short grain rice is high in starch making one of the most popular rice choices for risotto. The high starch content is what gives risotto its trademark creamy and decadent texture.
- Beef Broth - Echoes the beefy and earthy flavor of the morel mushrooms.
- Dairy Free Butter - Makes this risotto rich.
- Garlic - Adds a bright savory note that compliments the earthy flavors.
- Shallots - Gives a delicate, sweet onion flavor without overpowering the morel mushrooms.
- Kosher Salt - Enhances all of the flavors of the ingredients.
- Ground Thyme - Gives an herbaceous woodsy note that compliments the mushrooms without overpowering the delicate flavor.
- Dairy Free Heavy Cream - Gives this risotto its silky, creamy texture.
- Dried Morel Mushrooms - Using luxury ingredients like morel mushrooms has never been easier than with D'Artagnian Foods. These wild foraged morel mushrooms from the Pacific Northwest are dehydrated naturally without any preservatives. All you have to do is rehydrate them to enjoy the flavor of these amazing mushrooms year-round.
How to Make Dairy Free Decadent Morel Mushroom Risotto
Whether you're looking for an elegant main dish or standout side, this morel mushroom risotto is as easy as it is special. The best part it goes from stove to table in less than 45 minutes.
Time needed: 40 minutes.
Rich, creamy, deliciously decadent, and bursting with the delicate flavor of morel mushrooms, this dish is a celebration of beautiful ingredients allowed to shine.
Place a medium sized pot on medium heat. Add the butter, garlic, and shallots and sauté for a couple of minutes until they're fragrant and translucent.
Add the broth and the morel mushrooms. Allow them to come to a low boil. This will rehydrate the morel mushrooms and infuse their flavor into the broth.
Add the rice, salt, and thyme. Stir to combine. Continue to stir until most of the liquid has evaporated and the rice is almost cooked.
Stir in the heavy cream. Stir and enjoy!
This recipe is completely Dairy Free. However, you can use regular butter and heavy cream and make this mushroom risotto with your favorite dairy products.
Is there anything better than leftovers for an easy lunch? This risotto can be stored for 3-4 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator. You can gently reheat it on low heat on the stove or reheat it in the microwave when ready to serve. If it seems a little too thick drizzle in a little extra heavy cream.
Top Tip for Dairy Free Decadent Morel Mushroom Risotto
The key to achieving the best texture of the morel mushrooms in this risotto is to allow them to hydrate in the broth before adding the rice. Make sure that your broth is at a low boil before adding the rest of the ingredients. This will make the mushrooms tender and irresistible.
Dairy Free Decadent Morel Mushroom Risotto
- 1 medium pot
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 2 ½ cups beef broth
- 2 tbsp Dairy Free butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp ground thyme
- ½ cup Dairy Free heavy cream
- 8 oz D'Artagnan dried morel mushrooms
- Heat a medium sized pot over medium heat. Add the shallots, garlic, and butter. Allow them to cook for a couple of minutes until they're fragrant and translucent.
- Add the broth and morel mushrooms. Bring to a low boil.
- Add the arborio rice, thyme, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Continue to stir until most of the liquid has evaporated and the rice is tender.
- Stir in the heavy cream.