There is nothing like game day eats. Whether it’s football, baseball, or basketball, the food is just as important as the teams. Dairy Free Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Sausage Boats are a fun and delicious way to go all out.
Sausage boats are the new appetizer that you never knew you needed in your life. Savory, smoky, and begging to be stuffed, these ooey and gooey bites couldn’t be easier.
Not only are Dairy Free Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Sausage Boats easy to make, and even easier to eat, they also only require a handful of ingredients. The only question is what cocktail are you serving the with?
- Smoked Sausages – Use your favorite variety of smoked sausage for this recipe. It’s the base of the dish and the star of the show.
- Dairy Free Cream Cheese – Tangy cream cheese balances out the salty sausage and bacon while being the perfect canvas for fresh jalapenos.
- Jalapeno – Adds a sassy kick that mellows with the cream cheese.
- BBQ Seasoning – Echoes the smoky flavors of the sausage and bacon while seasoning the cream cheese mixture. Spiceology is my go-to source for all of my seasonings and rubs. The chef-owned and operated company hand picks all of their raw ingredients and creates them in small batches.
- Pinch of Salt – Enhances all of the flavors.
- Bacon – Smoky, salty, and oh so savory, bacon really does make everything better including this sausage recipe.
How to Make Dairy Free Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Sausage Boats
These quick and easy appetizers will make you the game day MVP of any tailgate. Whether you fire up your grill or cook them in the oven, they are fast, easy, and absolutely delicious.
Time needed: 30 minutes
These stuffed sausages are gooey on the inside while being crispy on the outside because of the generous hug of bacon.
Preheat the oven or grill to 425 degrees.
Mix together the cream cheese, barbecue seasoning, diced jalapenos, and salt.
Slice open the top of the sausage to create a crevice. Fill with the cream cheese filling.
Wrap the stuffed sausages in bacon. Place them seam side down in an 8×8 baking dish.
Bake the stuffed sausages for 15-20 minutes or until the bacon is crispy. Enjoy!
This recipe for Dairy Free Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Sausage Boats is perfect on its own, but also a great starting place to play with some of your favorite flavors and ingredients.
- Spicy – Add even more heat to these jalapeno poppers inspired treats by leaving the seeds in. In addition, you can also switch the jalapeño for another type of pepper such as a serrano.
- Dairy – This recipe is both Gluten Free and Dairy Free. However, it can be made with regular cream cheese. You can also use neufchatel cheese for a lighter version.
- Bratwurst – Feel free to replace the smoked sausages in this recipe with bratwurst. You can also use your favorite type of sausage.
This recipe can be made on the grill or the oven. In addition, you will also need an 8×8 baking dish to accommodate the four sausages.
Top Tip for Dairy Free Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Sausage Boats
Whether you are using Dairy Free cream cheese or regular cream cheese, make sure that you leave it at room temperature. This will allow you to mix up your filling easily and keep is smooth, creamy, and lump free.
Dairy Free Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Sausage Boats
- 1 8×8 baking dish
- 4 smoked sausages
- 8 oz Dairy Free cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 jalapeno diced, remove seeds for less heat if desired
- 1 tbsp BBQ seasoning
- pinch of salt
- 8 strips bacon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Add the cream cheese, BBQ seasoning, salt, and diced jalapeno to a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Slice open the top of the sausages.
- Fill the sausages with the cream cheese mixture. Wrap the sausages in bacon and place into an 8×8 baking dish.
- Allow the sausages to bake for 15-20 minutes or until the bacon is rendered and crispy.