Today, we’re bringing you a recipe with a fun twist that combines the timeless appeal of chocolate chip cookies with the rich, nutty goodness of pecans. These Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies are a true crowd-pleaser, and once you sink your teeth into one, you won’t be able to resist going back for more. But what makes these cookies so special? Let’s dive in and discover why you’ll absolutely love them.
These are one of my favorite cookie recipes! I love chocolate chips, but adding pecans takes the flavor and texture to the next level.
Why You’ll Love these Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies:
- Perfect Balance of Sweetness and Nuttiness: These cookies strike the ideal balance between sweetness and nuttiness. The chocolate chips add a satisfying sweetness, while the pecans contribute an added crunch and earthy flavor. Each bite offers a blend of textures and tastes that will leave you craving more.
- Easy to Make: Whether you’re an experienced baker or a newbie in the kitchen, this recipe is accessible to all. You won’t need any special equipment or advanced baking skills. With a few simple ingredients and clear instructions, you can whip up a batch of these cookies in no time, making them a fantastic choice for both casual baking and special occasions.
- Versatile Treats: These Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies aren’t just for satisfying your sweet tooth. They’re also incredibly versatile. Enjoy them as an afternoon snack with a glass of milk, serve them at parties, or pack them in lunchboxes for a fun surprise. They also make fantastic homemade gifts that are sure to impress friends and family this upcoming holiday season.
Ingredients You Need to Make These Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Gluten-free flour
- Arrowroot powder
- Baking soda
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Bittersweet chocolate chips
- Chopped Pecans
What You Need to Make Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
- Mixing Bowls
- Measuring Spoons/Cups
- Mixer or KitchenAid
How to Make Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine butter and sugars. Mix for 5 minutes until light and slightly fluffy.
3. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until well combined.
4. Incorporate all the dry ingredients, being careful not to overmix.
5. Stir in the chocolate chips and chopped pecans.
6. Chill the cookie dough in the fridge for at least 3 hours (overnight is best).
7. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
8. Using a 2″ scoop, place equal-sized cookie dough balls on the paper.
9. Bake for approximately 10-13 minutes, until the edges are lightly golden brown.
10. Cool the cookies on baking racks.
Commonly Asked Questions:
Can I use different types of nuts in this recipe?
Absolutely! While pecans are the star of this recipe, you can experiment with other nuts like walnuts, almonds, or even macadamia nuts to create unique variations. Just be sure to chop them into bite-sized pieces for the best texture.
How do I achieve perfectly round and evenly sized cookies?
To achieve uniform cookies, you can use a cookie scoop or a tablespoon to portion out the dough. If you want perfectly round cookies, roll the dough portions into smooth balls between your palms before placing them on the baking sheet. Additionally, make sure the dough balls are all approximately the same size to ensure even baking.
How do I store these cookies to keep them fresh?
To keep your Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies fresh, store them in an airtight container at room temperature. If you’d like to extend their shelf life, you can also freeze them. Simply place the cookies in a single layer on a baking sheet and freeze until solid. Then, transfer them to a freezer-safe container or bag, placing parchment paper between the layers to prevent sticking. They’ll stay good in the freezer for up to three months.
Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
- mixing bowls
- measuring spoons/cups
- Mixer or KitchenAid
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour
- 2 tsp arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine butter and sugars. Mix for 5 minutes until light and slightly fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Incorporate all the dry ingredients, being careful not to overmix.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and chopped pecans.
- Chill the cookie dough in the fridge for at least 3 hours (overnight is best).
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a 2″ scoop, place equal-sized cookie dough balls on the paper.
- Bake for approximately 10-13 minutes, until the edges are lightly golden brown.
- Cool the cookies on baking racks.
So, gather your ingredients, preheat that oven, and get ready to indulge in the irresistible joy of baking and savoring these delightful cookies.