Celebrate the ultimate no-bake dessert with the fresh and vibrant flavors of the season. Sweet, creamy, tart, and alluringly floral, Blueberry Lemon Tiramisu with Lavender is the elegant and effortless confection everyone will love.
Tiramisu is a traditional Italian dessert that literally translates to pick me up. Whether it’s this fruity and floral version or a more classic Cold Brew Infused Rum Tiramisu, there’s something magical about that combination of delicate lady fingers and sweet, luscious cream layered sky high. It’s one of those desserts that as soon as you sink your fork into its depths, you just have to take that moment of pure blissful appreciation.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Easy Process – There is literally no baking required for this composed dessert. This is a deceptively impressive dessert that wows with minimal effort. Anyone can make this.
- Make Ahead – This tiramisu recipe needs to refrigerate for at least four hours to set up. If you are looking for a dessert to take to an event, this is it as you can make it the day before. Letting it chill not only allows it to set up but lets all of the flavors marry.
- Balance of Flavors – Sweet, tart, rich, yet light, each ingredient plays a roll and delivers something a little different which makes this an explosion of flavors.
- Texture – Creamy, silky, but with the slight bite of the lady fingers, this is the definition of melt in your mouth delicious.
Layers of tender dipped lady fingers, sweet cream, and fresh blueberries make this Blueberry Lemon Tiramisu with Lavender a dessert to remember. Utilizing seasonal ingredients like fresh blueberries with baking staples like eggs and cream cheese, this dessert is alive with a burst of different flavors.
- Water – Combined with the extract and lemon juice to make a bright and floral quick dip for the lady fingers to help soften them.
- Amoretti Violet Lavender Extract – Naturally flavored, highly concentrated, and preservative free, this adds vibrant, delicate, floral flavor. Use code SALTYCOOKER10 for 10% off your order. Amoretti has you covered for all of your baking needs, from a full like of extracts and syrups to nut flours and seed butters.
- Lemon Juice – Creates the quick dip for the lady fingers.
- Lemon Zest – Gives a sunny lemon flavor to the cream layer.
- Powdered Sugar – Easily dissolves into the water dip without adding too much sweetness.
- Cream Cheese – Creamy, dreamy, and a little tangy, this gives the cream layers its silky texture.
- Egg Yolks – Makes the cream layer rich and indulgent and irresistibly smooth.
- Sugar – This brings sweetness to the cream layer.
- Heavy Cream – Combined with the egg yolks, makes the cream cheese lighter in texture.
- Freeze Dried Blueberries – This is the the crowning glory to this colorful dessert. While traditional tiramisu gets a dusting of cocoa powder, this version gets a snow flurry of freeze dried blueberries.
- Fresh Blueberries – These bring freshness to every bite.
- Lady Fingers – The classic tiramisu ingredient, these airy sponge cakes have a slightly dry texture that makes them perfect for dipping and for composed desserts such as this.
How to Make Blueberry Lemon Tiramisu with Lavender
This creamy and luscious dessert comes together in just a few easy, simple steps. Combining the bright burst of fresh blueberries with an unexpected burst of floral and delicate lavender, this will be a new favorite twist on the Italian classic.
Time needed: 4 hours and 35 minutes
This layered dessert combines lemony dipped lady fingers, fresh blueberries, and sweet cream.
- Egg Yolks
Add the egg yolks, sugar, and lemon zest to a bowl and beat on high for five minutes. It will become a light, canary yellow color and become a little thicker and airy.
- Cream Cheese
Add the cream cheese and heavy cream to a separate bowl and mix on high until silky smooth.
Add the egg mixture into the cream cheese mixture and gently fold it in.
Add the water, lavender extract, lemon juice, and powdered sugar to a shallow dish and whisk to combine.
Quickly dip a lady finger into the lavender-lemon mixture and place it into the bottom of a 10×7 baking dish that has 2″ at least sides. Continue with the lady fingers until the bottom is lined.
- First Layer
Pour half of the cream mixture onto the lady fingers and sooth it out.
- Second Layer
Sprinkle half of the blueberries over the top.
- Third Layer
Quickly dip the remaining lady fingers in the lemon-lavender mixture and line the top of the blueberries.
- Fourth Layer
Spread the remaining cream mixture over the lady fingers.
Allow the Blueberry Lemon Tiramisu to refrigerate for at least four hours.
- Finishing Touch
Sprinkle the crushed freeze-dried blueberries over the top of the tiramisu followed by the remaining fresh blueberries.
This recipe can be made with gluten free lady fingers, dairy free cream cheese and heavy cream. It can also be made with regular lady fingers and dairy cream cheese and cream. The measurements will be the same.
This tiramisu can be made a day in advance. Letting it refrigerate allows the lady fingers to soften and the cream cheese to harden up and set. You will want to keep it covered and refrigerated unless it’s being served. For the best flavor and texture eat this within four days as the lady fingers will become a little soggy past that.
Top Tip for Blueberry Lemon Tiramisu with Lavender
This Italian dessert is as much about the texture as it is the combination of flavors. When you dip your lady fingers, you’re just doing, a very quick in and out dip into the lemon-lavender water. This will allow them to quickly absorb the water without becoming soggy.
Blueberry Lemon Tiramisu with Lavender
- 2 mixing bowls/mixer
- 1 7×10 baking dish with 2" sides
- 1 shallow dish
- 1 pkg Gluten Free lady fingers
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp Amoretti Violet Lavender Extract
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- 16 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 16 oz heavy cream
- 1/2 cup freeze dried blueberries, finely ground
- 16 oz fresh blueberries
- This recipe fits a 7×10 baking dish with sides that are at least 2" tall.
- Add the sugar, lemon zest, and egg yolks to a mixing bowl and mix on high for 5 minutes or until the mixture is pale yellow and a little airy and thicker.
- In a separate bowl mix together the cream cheese and heavy cream until smooth and silky.
- Gently fold in the egg mixture into the cream mixture. Set aside.
- Add the water, powdered sugar, extract, and lemon juice to a shallow dish or bowl and stir to combine.
- Quickly dip a lady finger into the water mixture and place it into the baking dish. Repeat with lady fingers until the bottom is covered.
- Spread half of the cream mixture over the lady fingers.
- Sprinkle half of the blueberries over the top of the cream mixture.
- Quickly dip the remaining lady fingers into the lemon water mixture and line them on top of the blueberries.
- Spread the remaining cream over the top.
- Let the tiramisu refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Before serving sprinkle the ground dried blueberries over the top. Garnish with the remaining fresh blueberries.