Football season is in full swing and what better way to celebrate game day than with a fat, juicy burger? These Gluten Free Peanut Butter and Jelly Burgers are the ultimate way to take football Sunday over the top.
Burgers are the perfect canvas to play with flavors, like Gluten Free BBQ Pork Burgers with Onion Rings. These burgers a little sweet, a little smoky, and irresistibly delicious.
Picking the ingredients for a burger like these Gluten Free Peanut Butter and Jelly Burgers is all about thinking of both texture and flavor profiles. There should be a little crunch combined with the juicy bite of burger, and if you don’t need a pile of napkins, you’re not doing it right.
- Ground Beef – Use your favorite type of ground beef for burgers. Gound chuck, or 80/20, is an ideal meat to fat ratio but use what you like.
- Yellow Curry – Adds a hint of warmth to the burgers without making them spicy. Pairs well with both the blackberry jam and peanut butter.
- Ketchup – Accents the sweetness of the blackberry jam while also giving a savory element.
- Blackberry Jam – A little tangy and a little sweet, it pairs perfectly with the ketchup.
- Creamy Peanut Butter – The natural sweetness of the peanut butter plays off of the rich flavor of the beef for that sweet and savory bite.
- Bacon – Bacon makes everything better including this cheeseburger. The smoky and salty flavors balance the sweetness of the jam and peanut butter. Plus, bacon.
- Dairy Free Cheese – Use your favorite kind. Adds both savory flavor and a creamy texture.
- Gluten Free Buns
How to Make Gluten Free Peanut Butter and Jelly Burgers
Fire up the grill and invite some friends over. These fully loaded burgers are perfect for serving just a couple people, but the recipe can easily doubled or tripled for more.
Time needed: 30 minutes
Give burger night a fun twist with this mashup of the lunchtime classic.
Preheat your grill to 500-550 degrees. Place a pan on the grill and allow it to heat through.
- Petty Up
Add your ground beef to a bowl along with the curry powder. Mix until just combined. Form 2-4 patties for your Gluten Free Peanut Butter and Jelly Burgers.
- Sear it Up
Place your burgers into the hot skillet. Allow the first side to cook for 2-4 minutes, developing a dark crust before flipping. Cook the second side for about the same time until your burger has reached your desired level of doneness.
- Top it Off
Mix together the ketchup and blackberry jam. To build your burgers place a burger on the bottom but. Top with cheese and bacon. Drizzle on the peanut butter and blackberry ketchup. Add the top bun and roll up your sleeves and go in for the big bite!
When it comes to picking the right skillet for your burgers, you want to make sure that it is grill safe. The Hestan NanoBond cookware is high heat safe up to 1050 degrees. It’s also stain, scratch, and stick resistant. This Italian made cookware is dishwasher safe and completely toxin free.
Top Tip for Gluten Free Peanut Butter and Jelly Burgers
Always allow your skillet to fully heat before adding your burgers. This will give you that beautiful brown crust. If your pan isn’t hot enough before you add your meat it will steam instead of searing.
Gluten Free Peanut Butter and Jelly Burgers
- 1 grill
- 1 grill safe skillet
- 1 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 tsp yellow curry mix
- 1/8 cup ketchup
- 1/8 cup blackberry jam
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- cooked bacon
- Dairy Free cheese
- Gluten Free buns
- Preheat your grill to 500-550 degrees. Place your skillet on the grates.
- Add your ground beef and curry to a bowl. Mix until just combined. Form into 2-4 burger patties.
- Add the patties to the hot skillet. Allow the first side to cook for 3-4 minutes before flipping. Cook the second side for about the same time until you've reached your desired level of doneness.
- Mix together your ketchup and blackberry jam.
- To build your burgers place a patty on the bottom bun. Top with cheese and bacon. Drizzle on the peanut butter and blackberry ketchup. Add the top bun.