It’s the most magical time of the year with the holidays in full swing. There is nothing like celebrating the season than with a holiday brunch. Your friends and family will love the decadence of Gluten and Dairy Free Cheese Danish Sliders, and you’ll love how easy they are!
Making Danishes at home has never been easier. With flavors such as Gluten and Dairy Free Cherry Danish Sliders, these are a fun way to add a sweet treat to any morning or event.
Gluten and Dairy Free Cheese Danish Sliders give you all of the flavor and texture of your favorite breakfast pastry but without the work of making dough. Using one of my favorite pantry staples this breakfast treat isn’t just easy to make, it’s also easy to shop for.
- Sweet Bread Slider Buns – Canyon Bakehouse Gluten Free Brioche Style Sweet Rolls make the perfect base for these Danishes. They’re also soy free, free of nuts, and made with 100% whole grains.
- Dairy Free Cream Cheese – Gives tangy flavor and silky texture to the filling.
- Powdered Sugar – Lightly sweetens the filling of these cheese Danishes. It also makes up the sweet glaze for the top.
- Lemon Juice – Adds a sunny burst of freshness to the filling.
- Egg Yolk – Not only brings richness to the filling but also helps it slightly puff as it bakes.
- Sugar – Used with the egg wash to create a slightly caramelized exterior to these sweet rolls.
- Sliced Almonds – Gives a little buttery crunch to every bite.
- Egg Wash – One egg whisked together with a tablespoon of water gives these rolls a glossy finish.
- Dairy Free Milk – Use your favorite variety, such as oat milk. Helps thin out the glaze so it can easily be drizzled over the top.
How to Make Gluten and Dairy Free Cheese Danish Sliders
These sweet breakfast treats only take 30 minutes to make. There’s no need to proof any dough or bloom yeast when you start with slider buns as your base!
Time needed: 25 minutes
Sweet rolls are filled with a lemon cream cheese for the perfect start to your day or fun brunch bite.
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Make sure that your Dairy Free cream cheese is at room temperature.
Use a sharp knife to carefully cut out the center of the slider buns, creating a cavity.
Mix together the cream cheese, lemon juice, sugar, and egg yolk until smooth.
- Egg Wash
Whisk together your egg wash. Brush the sides of the slider buns with the egg wash and sprinkle sugar on them.
Fill each of the buns with the cream cheese mixture.
Allow the Gluten and Dairy Free Cheese Danish Sliders to bake for 10-15 minutes. Sprinkle almonds over them when they come out.
Mix together your ingredients for the glaze until smooth. Drizzle over the top. Enjoy!
This recipe was made with both Gluten Free and Dairy Free products. The same cheese Danishes can also be made with regular cream cheese and regular sweet slider buns.
These cheese Danish sliders are a perfect make ahead treat. They can be kept for 3-5 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Simply reheat them in the oven on a low temperature until warm when ready to serve.
Top Tip for Gluten and Dairy Free Cheese Danish Sliders
Whether you are using Dairy Free cream cheese or regular cream cheese, always allow it to come to room temperature before mixing. Not only will it allow the mixture to come together more easily, but it will also keep it smooth and lump free.
Frequently Asked Questions about Danish Sliders
The bake time will vary by ovens. They should bake between 10-15 minutes. You are looking for the center to be set and the rolls to be a light golden color.
Gluten and Dairy Free Cheese Danish Sliders
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1 Knife
- 1 Baking Dish
- 6 Gluten Free sweet bread slider buns
- 8 oz Dairy Free cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp Dairy Free milk may need an additional teaspoon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the centers out of the slider buns to create a cavity for filling.
- Mix together the cream cheese, egg yolk, lemon juice, and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Whisk together the egg and water to form an egg wash. Brush the outside of the slider buns with the egg wash and sprinkle them with sugar.
- Fill the cavity of the slider buns with the cream cheese mixture and place into a baking dish.
- Let them bake for 10-15 minutes. You are looking for the center to set and the roll to be lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with almonds.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the glaze until smooth.
- Drizzle over the top of the cheese Danishes.