Ring in the New year with an easy and delicious, sweet treat. Whether you're looking for the perfect brunch confection or something to serve with your coffee, Gluten and Dairy Free Apple Danish Sliders are an easy and festive treat.
These fun and easy slider Danishes are completely customizable, such as Gluten and Dairy Free Boston Cream Pie Sliders. You get all of the texture and flavors of your favorite morning Danishes, but without the work of having to create dough from scratch.
Using the help of a pantry staple such as sweet slider buns, these Gluten and Dairy Free Apple Slider Danishes are not only delicious, but easy. These are an ideal weekend treat but fast enough to make any day of the week.
- Gluten Free Sweet Bread Slider Buns - Canyon Bakehouse Brioche-Style Sweet Rolls make the perfect easy base for these Danishes. Not only are they Gluten Free and Dairy Free, but they're also free of nuts and soy, while using 100% whole grains. Their texture is soft and chewy giving that perfect bite.
- Dairy Free Cream Cheese - Adds tang and creaminess to balance the sweet apple filling.
- Powdered Sugar - Gives just enough sweetness to the cream cheese filling and also used to create the glaze over the top.
- Lemon Juice - Gives a bright, sunny burst of tartness to the cream cheese filling.
- Egg Yolk - Adds richness to the cream cheese filling while also giving it a fluffy texture.
- Apple Pie Filling - Use your favorite variety. Gives the sweetness of apples with all of the warm spices.
- Sugar - Sprinkled onto the edges of the rolls, the sugar lightly caramelizes and gives a little texture and sweetness.
- Egg Wash - Helps the sugar adhere to the rolls.
- Dairy Free Milk - Use your favorite. I like oat milk for this recipe.
How to Make Gluten and Dairy Free Apple Danish Sliders
There's nothing like starting the day with a sweet treat. These creamy, dreamy, warm rolls come together in less than 35 minutes.
Time needed: 20 minutes.
Sweet rolls are filled with a tangy cream cheese filling along with the warm sweetness of apple pie filling.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Mix together the Dairy Free cream cheese, powdered sugar, egg yolk, and lemon juice until creamy and dreamy. Set aside.
Use a sharp knife to cut out the center of the slider buns to create a cavity for the filling.
- Egg Wash
Whisk together the egg and water to form an egg wash. Brush the sides of the slider buns withe the egg wash and then sprinkle sugar over it.
Fill each slider bun with some of the cream cheese mixture, leaving room for the apple pie filling. Top with the apple pie filling.
Place the apple Danishes in a baking dish. Allow them to bake for 10-15 minutes until warm and golden.
Whisk together the powdered sugar and Dairy Free milk. Drizzle over the top of the sliders and enjoy!
This recipe was made with all Gluten Free and Dairy Free ingredients. Feel free to substitute them with your favorite dairy or gluten ingredients. In addition, you can switch out the apple pie filling for your favorite canned pie filling such as cheery or blueberry. Have fun experimenting with flavor combinations!
These Gluten Free Danishes can be made ahead of time. Because of the cream cheese filling keep them refrigerated in an airtight container for 3-5 days. Reheat them gently in the oven before serving.
Top Tips for Gluten and Dairy Free Apple Danish Sliders
To ensure that your cream cheese filling is silky smooth, make sure that you allow the Dairy Free cream cheese to come to room temperature before mixing. This will give you that luxurious texture.
Don't throw out the centers you cut out of your sliders! These can be lightly toasted in the oven and make the idea crispy, crunchy croutons for your salads. You can also toast them and grind them up in the food processor for fresh Gluten Free breadcrumbs.
Frequently Asked Questions About Slider Danishes
Oven temperatures will vary. They should bake between 10-15 minutes. You are looking for them to be warmed all the way through and a light golden color.
Gluten and Dairy Free Apple Danish Sliders
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- sharp knife
- Baking Dish
Apple Danish Sliders
- 6 Gluten Free sweet slider buns
- 8 oz Dairy Free cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup apple pie filling
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp Dairy Free milk may need 3 tsp
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Add the cream cheese, egg yolk, lemon juice, and powdered sugar to a bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Use a sharp knife to cut out the centers of the slider buns, creating a cavity to fill.
- Whisk together the egg and water. Brush the sides of the slider buns with the egg wash.
- Sprinkle sugar over the egg wash.
- Partially fill the slider buns with the cream cheese mixture. Top with the apple pie filling.
- Place the apple Danishes in a baking dish. Bake for 10-15 minutes until lightly brown.
- Whisk together the powdered sugar and milk to form a glaze.
- Drizzle the glaze over the top of the sliders.
The cook time of 15 minutes is too long. Mine burnt on the bottom and could not be served.
Hello, I apologize. The bake time is 15 minutes, how long did you bake them for? I will review the recipe. Thank you!