This cake is coming in hot like a hunka hunka burning love. This Gluten Free Elvis Peanut Butter and Jelly Cake will have you swinging the hips and dancing in the kitchen as soon as you taste the first bite.
Elvis Presley might’ve made the combination of bananas and peanut butter famous, but this cake take it to the next level. With its tender and moist layers and festive sweet frosting, this cake is fit for the King himself.
Can’t Help Falling In Love…
You won’t be able to help falling in love with this Gluten Free Elvis Peanut Butter and Jelly Cake. This cake is perfect for any special occasion, or just because.
Have you ever had an Elvis sandwich? While the combination of banana and peanut butter is a must, there are other additions commonly found on an Elvis. Some people add bacon while others drizzle on honey. This variation utilizes jam.
The base batter for this decadent cake starts with a banana cake. Forget making banana bread, this cake is ideal for those overly ripe bananas. With three bananas added to the batter, it packs that naturally sweet flavor in every bite while also benefiting from the moisture.
The batter for this Gluten Free Elvis Peanut Butter and Jelly Cake is then divided into two. One half has creamy peanut butter folded in. The other half gets a double dose of strawberry flavor with both fresh diced strawberries and strawberry jam.
Crowning this decadent cake is tangy yet sweet Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting. Dairy Free cream cheese is flavored with strawberry flavoring while peanut butter and strawberry jam grace the center.
All Shook Up Over Gluten Free Elvis Peanut Butter and Jelly cake
Get out your over ripe bananas and put on your favorite Elvis tunes. We’re going to have fun in the kitchen and bake up a delicious confection.
- Pregame! Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Spray 2 8′ round cake pans with nonstick baking spray and set aside.
- Add your eggs and sugar to a bowl and mix for a couple of minutes before adding your mashed ripe bananas, room temperature Dairy Free butter, and vanilla.
- Mix in your dry ingredients until just combined.
- Separate your batter in half. To half of the batter add creamy peanut butter and to the other half of the batter add strawberry jam and fresh diced strawberries.
- Add the peanut butter batter to one prepared pan and the strawberry batter to the other. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the top is lightly browned and a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to fully cool.
- To make your frosting for your Gluten Free Elvis Peanut Butter and Jelly Cake make sure your Dairy Free cream cheese is at room temperature before mixing all of the ingredients together until smooth, creamy, and luxurious.
- Place the peanut butter cake on a plate. Spread peanut butter over the top of it followed by some of the strawberry cream cheese frosting.
- Stack the strawberry cake on top. Spread a layer of strawberry jam over the cake before frosting the entire cake in the remaining strawberry cream cheese frosting.
- Admire how beautiful your pink and festive cake is before going in for that first slice. I know you will enjoy every bite!
How to Make this Recipe Nut Free
With so many allergens and food sensitivities, I am always looking for ways to make my recipes accessible to everyone. If you or one of your friends or family have a tree nut allergy, the peanut butter in this recipe can be replaced with sunflower seed butter.
In addition to providing its own unique flavor that is a great swap for peanut butter, sunflower seed butter also offers up additional nutrients. It’s rich in protein, vitamin E, fiber, zinc, and iron.
Make sure you check out my recipe for Gluten Free Peanut Butter and Jelly French Toast. Now let’s get baking!
Gluten Free Elvis Peanut Butter and Jelly Cake
- mixing bowls
- 2 8" round cake pans
- 2 1/3 cups Gluten Free 1.1 flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp kosher
- 3 bananas, ripe large
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup Dairy Free butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 tbsp strawberry jam
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 16 oz Dairy Free cream cheese, room temperature
- 7 cups powdered sugar
- 12 tbsp Dairy Free butter, room temperature
- 4 tbsp strawberry flavoring
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray 2 8" round cake pans with nonstick baking spray and set aside.
- Add the sugar and eggs to a mixing bowl and mix for a couple of minutes until the sugar is partially dissolved and it becomes a little frothy.
- Add the bananas, melted butter, and vanilla. Mix to combine.
- Add the flour, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon and mix to just combine. Don't over mix.
- Divide the batter into 2.
- Add the peanut butter to half of the batter, stirring to combine.
- Add the strawberries and jam to the other half of the batter, stirring to combine.
- Add the peanut butter batter to one prepared cake pan and the strawberry cake batter to the other prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. The tops will be lightly browned.
- Allow to cool completely.
Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting
- Mix all of the ingredients together until smooth and creamy.
- To assemble the cake, place one cake on a cake stand and spread the top with peanut butter. Spread cream cheese frosting on top.
- Stack the second cake on top. Spread the top with the strawberry jam.
- Frost the entire cake with the remaining strawberry cream cheese frosting.