What is your favorite sandwich? Some foods just transport you to a different place and are a vibe until themselves. Gluten Free Crispy Pork Panko Shrimp Po Boys will make you feel that Zydeco beat at first bite.
There’s no need to book a trip to New Orleans when you make these savory sandwiches at home. Whether you’re looking for a fun lunch or easy weeknight meal these fully loaded sandwiches will become a new favorite.
Crispy, Crunchy, Delicious
This recipe needs to come with a warning. The shrimp for these Gluten Free Crispy Pork Panko Shrimp Po Boys are so irresistible in and of themselves they might not all make it to the sub rolls.
Fried shrimp of any sort are always the right answer. There’s something magic that happens when the naturally sweet shrimp get hugged in crispy batter. The shrimp for this sandwich is taken to the next level of savory deliciousness by using Pork Panko.
I love using Pork Panko for breading. This even one to one replacement for breadcrumbs is made with two simple ingredients, pork skin and rock salt. Not only is it Gluten Free and pack a ton of flavor, it also has a higher heat tolerance making it ideal for frying.
Cajun seasoning adds a sassy kick to the fried shrimp while a creamy, tangy, and slightly spicy remoulade keeps things saucy and reinforces the Cajun flavors. A combination of mayo, mustard, horseradish, hot sauce Cajun seasoning, lemon, and aromatics ensure these sandwiches are packed with bold flavor.
Frying Up Gluten Free Crispy Pork Panko Shrimp Po Boys
Whether you’re looking for a fun and delicious lunch or want sandwich night for dinner, these fully loaded Po Boys couldn’t be easier.
- Prepare your dredging station for your shrimp. Whisk together your egg and water in one shallow dish. In another dish add your Pork Panko, Gluten Free flour, and Cajun seasoning.
- Dip your shrimp into the egg wash and then dip them in the Pork Panko mixture, shaking off the excess.
- Heat a large frying pan or cast iron skillet over medium-low heat with oil. Make sure the oil is fully heated before adding the shrimp.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet, careful not to crowd. It’s better to fry in batches than over crowd the pan.
- Allow the shrimp to cook a couple of minutes per side until golden brown. Remove to a paper towel lined plate and sprinkle with salt and squeeze a little lemon juice over the top.
- Mix all of your ingredients together for the remoulade.
- To build your Gluten Free Crispy Pork Panko Shrimp Po Boys, add shredded lettuce, sliced tomatoes, the fried shrimp, and plenty of the sauce to your favorite Gluten Free rolls.
Are you looking for more sandwich inspirations? Make sure you check out my recipe for Gluten and Dairy Free Supreme Pizza Sliders. Now let’s get cooking.
Gluten Free Crispy Pork Panko Shrimp Po Boys
- 1 Large skillet
Pork Panko Shrimp
- 1 lbs shrimp, clean and deveined
- 1 cup Pork Panko
- 1/4 cup Gluten Free 1.1 flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 cup mustard
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 2 tsp horseradish
- 1 tbsp relish
- couple of dashes of hot sauce
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 Gluten Free rolls
- shredded lettuce
- Sliced tomato
Pork Panko Shrimp
- Create your dredging stations. Whisk together the and water in a shallow bowl.
- In another bowl stir together the the Pork Panko, flour, and Cajun seasoning.
- Dip the shrimp into the egg wash, and then dip them into the Pork Panko mixture, shaking off the excess.
- Heat a large skillet over medium low heat. Add the oil.
- Add your breaded shrimp to the hot oil, careful not to over crowd. You can cook them in batches.
- Cook them a couple minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Transfer them to a paper towel lined plate. Sprinkle with a little salt and squeeze of lemon.
- Mix all of your ingredients together until fully combined.
- To build your po boys, add shredded lettuce, slices of tomato, fried shrimp, and plenty of remoulade sauce to your favorite Gluten Free buns.