Sometimes we just need to take a moment and treat ourselves. There's something about a decadent stack of over the top pancakes or waffles that instantly makes you take pause and just enjoy the moment. Gluten Free Chocolate Marshmallow French Toast is sure to become a new tradition in your life.
It's no secret I love creating every variation on s'mores. Part of that is the combination of melty molten chocolate and sticky creamy marshmallows. It just makes me happy every time. This fully loaded breakfast treat gives a nod to s'more with a personality all its own.
Part of treating ourselves includes taking it easy. Gluten Free Chocolate Marshmallow French Toast might look like you spent all morning in the kitchen when in reality it comes together easily with a few pantry staples.
Marshmallow fluff is just one of those fun ingredients that makes you want to either dip everything in the jar or spread it on everything. It's a fun topper or dipper for fruit like bananas and apples and equally perfect for smearing a thick layer onto toast or a sandwich.
Dairy Free chocolate hazelnut spread is another ultimate topper and dipper. Sometimes the only dipping required is a spoon! These two easy pantry staples help bring this French toast together easily and quickly.
The star of any French toast however always starts with the bread. Because the marshmallow fluff and hazelnut spread get sandwiched between the bread you want something that will hold up. You need just the right texture to absorb the custard while achieving that crispy golden exterior and soft tender interior.
I love using Canyon Bakehouse. Not only are they Gluten Free and Dairy Free, they're also made with 100% whole grains and taste incredible.
Flipping Over Gluten Free Chocolate Marshmallow French Toast
The most difficult part of this French toast is deciding whether to serve it with coffee or a mimosa. Perfect for a weekend brunch or a special weekday breakfast, they couldn't be easier.
- Mix together your ingredients for your custard. This includes the egg, Dairy Free milk, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Mix together your cinnamon and sugar in a separate bowl.
- Take two pieces of Gluten Free bread. On one slice spread the marshmallow fluff. Spread the hazelnut spread on the other slice and sandwich them together. This recipe makes 4 French toast sandwiches.
- Preheat your griddle or large skillet over medium heat.
- Dip your French toast sandwich into the custard, allowing it to absorb and shaking off the excess.
- Dip your French toast sandwich into the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Add your Dairy Free butter to the skillet or griddle, allowing it to melt.
- Place your sandwiches in the skillet or on the griddle, careful not to overcrowd. You may need to work in batches.
- Allow the first side to brown until golden, approximately 3 minutes, flipping it and allow the second side to cook for 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Have fun taking that first ooey gooey bite!
Are you looking for more French toast ideas? Make sure you check out my recipe for Gluten Free Peanut Butter and Jelly French Toast. Now let's get cooking.
Gluten Free Chocolate Marshmallow French Toast
- 2 dishes for the custard and cinnamon/sugar
- 1 large skillet or griddle
- 8 slices Gluten Free bread
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Dairy Free milk
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- marshmallow fluff
- Dairy Free hazelnut spread
- 4 tbsp Dairy Free butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Whisk together the Dairy Free milk, sugar, vanilla extract and egg in one bowl.
- In a separate dish mix together the cinnamon and sugar.
- Take two slices of bread. On one slice of bread spread the marshmallow fluff.
- On the second slice of bread spread the chocolate-hazelnut spread. Sandwich the two slices together.
- Repeat with the remaining slices of bread to build 4 sandwiches.
- Dip the sandwich in the egg mixture.
- Dip the sandwich in the cinnamon-sugar mixture making sure it is fully coated.
- Heat your skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Add the butter and allow it to melt.
- Add sandwiches and allow them to cook for approximately 3 minutes on the first side, or until golden brown.
- Flip them over and allow the other side to cook for an additional 3 minutes.
Leave a Reply