What is your favorite appetizer? There are just certain foods that instantly draw everyone together, announce kick back and relax, and inspire you to unwind. There's a reason spinach and artichoke dip is on most happy hour menus. This Dairy Free Savory Spinach Artichoke Dip with Chicken is an update on a favorite.
You know the anticipation of spinach artichoke dip. The faint aroma of garlic wafting through the air. The steam rising as it's placed in front of you. You can't help but go in for that first dip, knowing the molten scoop will probably singe your taste buds off. And it's worth every single lost taste bud. This Dairy Free Savory Spinach Artichoke Dip with Chicken will take your artichoke game to the next level.
Can't Help But Double Dip
Be honest, do you double dip? This luxurious and flavorful dip will have you going back for that second scoop. Citrusy artichokes combined with the mild grassy spinach are hugged in tangy Dairy Free cream cheese and sour cream.
This version gets an update with the herbaceous kick of Outside Table's Everyday Herb. Completely organic and produced in small batches, the artisanal seasoning includes organic oregano and thyme along with cayenne and organic crushed chilis for a kick. It not only flavors the dip, it also adds flavor to the Gluten Free pita chips.
In addition to the Everyday Herb, chicken also adds a savory depth to this dip. Do you have leftover rotisserie chicken? Add it to this.
Dipping into Dairy Free Savory Spinach Artichoke Dip with Chicken
This dip couldn't be easier. It's truly a mix it and bake it creation. I am going to give you tips to set you up for not just success, but also a couple ideas on what to do with your leftover dip...if you have any!
First, you want to make sure that your canned artichokes are well drained and patted dry. We want to keep this dip completely luscious and not water it down.
Next up, let your Dairy Free cream cheese sit out and come to room temperature. This will make it easy to quickly stir everything together.
Because this dip is all about texture, keep everything about the same size. When you go in for that dip you want to have artichoke, spinach, onion, and chicken on every chop.
Last, but such a fun idea if you have leftovers...use this dip to top your favorite chicken burger recipe, or even a flatbread.
Love artichokes? Make sure you check out my recipe for Gluten Free Chicken Pesto Pizza. Now let's get cooking!
Dairy Free Savory Spinach Artichoke Dip with Chicken
- 8x8 baking dish
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 8 oz Dairy Free cream cheese
- 4 cups spinach, chopped
- 13 oz can artichoke hearts, chopped
- 6 oz Dairy Free sour cream
- 1 tsp Everyday Herb seasoning
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 cup cooked chicken, chopped I used rotisserie chicken
- 2 cups Dairy Free parmesan cheese
Everyday Herb Pit Chips
- Gluten Free pita
- olive oil
- Everyday Herb seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375 and spray an 8x8 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Heat a pot over medium heat with the olive oil. Add the onions and sauté until translucent, 3-4 minutes.
- Add the garlic, spinach, and artichokes and stir to wilt spinach.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir until everything is incorporated and the cream cheese is melted down.
- Pour into a baking dish and spread evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes until slightly golden. Enjoy!
Everyday herb Pita Chips
- Brush Gluten Free pita with olive oil and sprinkle with Everyday Herb seasoning.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes at 375 until the pita is lightly brown. Allow to cool before cutting into wedges.